1 0.86%
  • JudgeSaberSmith (Light Side)

0 0%
  • JudgeSaberSmith EP VI ROTJ

4 3.45%
  • PredatorSaber v2.0

2 1.72%
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: CF Sound Fonts by Novastar & CF OWNERS!! :)

Oooh... those are two good ideas! The Prince LED song can probably go on there (+ the video)... although the song can simply be "ripped" from the video for those who really want it in their mp3 mix... (???) hahahahh

I don't know about a folder of photos... that would be tough for me to organize in such a short time + credit everyone correctly and fairly!

I'd love to do that... but... hmm--I'm not certain I could get it all done quickly enough! And... there are many photos in the galleries all over the forums, so... not sure if that would be redundant.

Good ideas though!!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Oooh... those are two good ideas! The Prince LED song can probably go on there (+ the video)... although the song can simply be "ripped" from the video for those who really want it in their mp3 mix... (???) hahahahh
    hmm, good point, the video seems to be enough

Beat me if it is already in there, but what's about the CF soldering tutorials?

yeah i ripped it straight from youtube because i liked it so much

btw. i think a cool idea for a sound font would be something like a lightning rod with tons of electricity sounds as if the blade itself is just an extention of the emporors' power or something like that. (if this has already been mentioned i apologize, i just didn't want to read all 31 pages of chatter...)
    "The force alone is my ally, and it shall guide me to my destiny."

Anatim... no beating necessary, lol... someone suggested that I add these to the CD (I think it was Jango Fett/Nailbunny), so... sure, if there is room, no problem.

Otherwise, yup... the 4-part CF Wiring Guide by Nundam and Gova is already in the "best" quality I could do on Y-tube. 720 x 480 or whatever. Barely HD, lol.

Revan... well, we have the 1st CD with the "NecroVolt" font, so that is something, and also many lightning sound effects. CD#2 will have more interesting lightning sound effects, but not a singular font dedicated solely to lightning. I honestly don't know how I could make that work without it being a bit repetitive.

Still... this could be mixed when combining sounds from CD#1 + CD#2 + whatever sounds one enjoys!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    yeah i ripped it straight from youtube because i liked it so much
    hehe me too

Default Another good question...

A great question from someone over @ FX:

[quote: Salvatore1971]I was really tempted to buy your CD sound compendium 1.1, but rumors of a 2nd CD stopped me! What is new in that one? What is your advise: to buy the 1.1 CD or to wait for the 2nd CD? Thanks and bye. [/quote]

GREAT QUESTION. I should be really REEEEEAAAAALLY CLEAR about this so everyone knows:

* The first CD contains 19 sound fonts, and many tutorials, extras, and configuration files... + a staged combat tutorial
    * The second CD will contain entirely *NEW* fonts... and entirely *NEW* content.
    * Further, the second CD will (in some ways) assume that you have some knowledge from the 1st CD. Although it doesn't REQUIRE that you buy it... it's not as if buying the 2nd CD will mean you'll get everything from the 1st + the 2nd!!
    * The second CD is gearing up to be less expensive than the 1st (*crossing fingers*), mainly based on the fact that I'll only be "supporting" v4... so-to-speak. Which just means people with older boards may have to simply "not use" certain sounds (for example, force2 and blaster2,3,4)

The key thing to note is... THE CDs are TOTALLY different from one another. If I had to get specific, there might be something like 5% of "cross-over" content, heheheh.

Additionally, I'll be listing what's going on there soon enough. Especially with the tutorials, videos, and other fun stuff like "Prince LED" and so forth.

Good question though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    A great question from someone over @ FX:

[quote: Salvatore1971]I was really tempted to buy your CD sound compendium 1.1, but rumors of a 2nd CD stopped me! What is new in that one? What is your advise: to buy the 1.1 CD or to wait for the 2nd CD? Thanks and bye.

GREAT QUESTION. I should be really REEEEEAAAAALLY CLEAR about this so everyone knows:

* The first CD contains 19 sound fonts, and many tutorials, extras, and configuration files... + a staged combat tutorial
    * The second CD will contain entirely *NEW* fonts... and entirely *NEW* content.
    * Further, the second CD will (in some ways) assume that you have some knowledge from the 1st CD. Although it doesn't REQUIRE that you buy it... it's not as if buying the 2nd CD will mean you'll get everything from the 1st + the 2nd!!
    * The second CD is gearing up to be less expensive than the 1st (*crossing fingers*), mainly based on the fact that I'll only be "supporting" v4... so-to-speak. Which just means people with older boards may have to simply "not use" certain sounds (for example, force2 and blaster2,3,4)

The key thing to note is... THE CDs are TOTALLY different from one another. If I had to get specific, there might be something like 5% of "cross-over" content, heheheh.

Additionally, I'll be listing what's going on there soon enough. Especially with the tutorials, videos, and other fun stuff like "Prince LED" and so forth.

Good question though!![/QUOTE]

YAY! can't wait.

I fully admit that I might have to order the 1st CD again cause I can't find the one I had and it probably got thrown out when the wifey cleaned my desk after a clean freak fit.
    ...YUP!

definately gonna be buying this one now that I have a CF board in Fury V2 I think that if we get the ep3 font on it then I may have to have a Star Wars SD card with sounds from ep 1 - ep 6

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

Default Updates & summaries...

UPDATES/SUMMARIES:

~ It's ALL NEW content--there really will not be much of any "repeated" content from the 1st CD
    ~ If and when CFv5.x is released... all sounds from CD#1 and CD#2 will still be applicable/useable.
    ~ CD#2 will contain the ".WAV" versions of the .raw files... for "forward compatibility"!
    ~ The CD will likely release with the newest batch of CF. So stay tuned!!
    ~ Two special videos are going to be released by me (on my youtube ID) regarding the newest batch of CF... you guys will enjoy them both THOROUGHLY!!
    ~ The two special videos will go onto the CD as well
    ~ The CF wiring guide 4-part video set will be included
    ~ "Prince LED" will be included, in both the video format and the music/song itself (.mp3)
    ~ I'm still not sure about the whole "signing 'em" thing. At least... I dunno about "last times order". It may just be whoever orders 1st gets the 1st-burned/created CD, etc.

Thus far, we have these fonts going on the CD for certain (100%):

* EP II - Re-mastered ... with both a "darkside" and "lightside" take to the font!
    * EP III - Sidious
    * EP III - Obi/Ani
    * EP IV - Re-mastered
    * EP V - Re-mastered (slightly?!! Nope! I just decided to re-do the entire thing!)

* Nova's LightWhip
    * Nova's Res Blade (this one is now complete. It's my take on a "vibroblade" sound setup)
    * TFU Starkiller -- I'm starting to enjoy this one... even though I never played the game
    * Corbin's Killer Bee (possibly 2 versions... Corbin's definitive and then my "take" on it, possibly)

* ~~SPECIAL FONT #1~~ (I'm not telling what it is until the day of the CD's release... or you find out by ordering!)
    * ~~SPECIAL FONT #2~~ (TBD... but this one ought to be fun if it happens!)

Fonts that may or may not make it onto the #2 CD... but I'm doing my best!

* Crystalline Workshop (this is tougher to do than it sounds... for ME, thus far) -- by Yoda & Nova!!!
    * Elemental Earth (I've made some great headway on this font... but it's still incomplete)
    * Halo-style Plasma Sword (this may go on the CD as a "samples only" folder)
    * Video Game font??? (not sure yet if this is worth doing)

GUEST FONTS
    :

* Mongrel 2.0 (by Eastern57 of JSS & TCSS & FX)
    * SteamPunk (by Eastern57 of JSS & TCSS & FX)
    * ? ? ? ? ? ? (by MadMooey... yes it's MadCow, I enjoy typing MadMooey because I'm weird)
    * EP III (by Anatim & Bertuzzi of Saberproject in Germany)
    * Raziel (by Maximillian of FX) ... ... although I don't have a complete version of this (I think)
    * Reaver (by Shadeslinger of FX)
    * ? ? ? ? ? ? (by Delmustator of FX & TCSS... I'D LOVE TO INCLUDE SOMETHING OF DELMU'S IF HE'S DOWN WITH IT!!!)

And that's probably PLENTY of guest fonts for now anyhow! And, I'm finally able to give a free #2 CD to these guys who are contributing. Until I go broke, that is, hehehhe.

Finally, don't forget the simple little poll I added to my website in order to gauge interest and also try to craft the CD a bit more toward what people are thinking:

You can answer as many or as few as you like...
    Also, leave a short comment if you have some special request or thought...

THANKS EVERYONE!!

Hope you are able to help me out and vote.

--Novastar

very, very good news

Please tell me if you need any files from me