1 0.86%
  • JudgeSaberSmith (Light Side)

0 0%
  • JudgeSaberSmith EP VI ROTJ

4 3.45%
  • PredatorSaber v2.0

2 1.72%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: CF Sound Fonts by Novastar & CF OWNERS!! :)

I dont know if its the speaker madcow used in my hilt but the kung fu sound font sounds really kick butt, I was thinking the same thing with the force lightning for the push as a different setting in a darkside saber as well, can't wait to check it out.
    If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyp Durron
    I would like to have a wide selection of saber fonts from both the PT and OT.

I really want a true Luke ROTJ sound font...I pretty much have the iginition and retraction on the "Special" sound font on Erv's board, I just wish it had the actual idle hum to go with it.

I think it would be great to have the character specific sounds for those who are making a "Luke", "Vader", etc... saber.

Although I really like the "Steel Sword" sound font... :P -Kyp
    Like I said, I'm all over it... I'll see what can be done. Just remember: BOP & the sound font guru needs your help!!! Donate even a *few* bucks, and it makes a difference. Guess I'm saying, whatever you guys think 7 sound fonts are worth (+ the upcoming ones) and BOP I - III.

As to the lightning, yes... I made that so that anyone can literally pull that sound out of the font and use it in any saber font. It's true that with its current "mix" with the hum it may not match other fonts people have, but I can just as easily release a "Force Effects" package sometime that does NOT come pre-mixed. Essentially allowing the sounds to fit with whatever hum you wish... you would have to mix it though. Not too hard.

Let's see, it would go something like:

* The 3 or 4 blaster deflects I've created...
    * The lightning effect (trust me, it's good)
    * Some stock Force Push effects
    * Some stock Choke effects
    * something else....???

By the way, I just noticed I need to update one of the Episode II clash sounds... two of the sounds are identical.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    Ok, a new sound font is on its way to Erv...

SW Episode II sounds!
    Now THIS I am looking forward to. Is it a light side or darkside sound, or were there gonna be both? Either way, this will be a soundfont I'll be implementing for sure, once it becomes available.

Thanks, Nova!

Hi killphil... well, using the alternate power on sound, you could certainly go "dark" with it... plus, the lightning sound effect is most CERTAINLY deadly...

Until Erv gets a chance to upload it, you can simply e-mail me about it if you can't wait.

Although I do need to change one of the clash sounds which is identical to another (by accident).
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

More CF sound updates...

* Updating Episode II font... a few sounds needed some tweaking... COMPLETE!
    * Creating an Episode IV font... so you can feel a bit more "Alec Guiness" and enjoy the classic saber sounds!.... NEARLY COMPLETE!
    * Playing around with a possible "video game" font just for the heck of it...
    * Creating a "Force Effects" package, which pretty much will contain stand-alone sounds that you simply need to mix with your hum sound, then add to your saber! Lightning is sounding FANTASTIC, and it's pretty much the only one that is solely mixed by myself. The remainder sounds come from the movies and/or the video games. I particularly like the "Force Blind" effect from Jedi Knight I.
    * Hoping to work more with Jonitus to make his "Zen" font a reality...
    * Hopefully "character specific" sound fonts as the months progress into 2008... but many sounds overlap per each SW character... so no promises on them all being unique for EVERY sound!

Again, if any of you have some sounds you'd like me to use in a font... send them!

With any luck, very soon, all CF users will have a very wide variety of sound fonts to choose from!

A font I'd like to see is a "damaged saber" font, somewhat similar to the ancient saber. Something that just paints a mental picture of a blade looking like it's about to go out on nearly every clash, while flickering erratically the rest of the time, with a power-up like it's just barely able to turn on, and a power-down that sounds like it just "died", rather that shut down properly. In the saber this could be combined with turning up the flicker speed and flicker depth parameters very high, so the blade matches the sound for a convincing look.

-Luke

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Not to steal Novastar's thunder, but there now exists, thanks to yours truly, an ACCURATE Luke Skywalker ROTJ sound schema. Not gonna say too much, but it's rad. I still need to do the mixdown and cut and convert, but that's just a matter of time.

Gimme a couple of days, and I'll ship it off to Erv so he can put it on the website.

By all means, make more fonts! The more the better...

UPDATES:

Jon's Episode VI Luke font is now on Erv's site... go check it out if you're a Luke sounds fan!!

I finally completed the Episode IV font, and it's in Erv's hands now. He's pretty busy working on CF and probably other things, so it may be a bit, but--it's all set up for folks now.

The Episode II font is also in Erv's hands, so be patient with that...

I'm currently working on a "Flame/Fire" kind of weapon... we'll see which direction it goes...

I'd love to see a flame thrower thing... would be perfect for blaster core

I've put online jonitus SF, I'm a bit "late" for nova ones (I'm working about 12 hours a day, at least, promise)
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Don't worry Erv... I hope no one is in a rush. Plenty of time to install new fonts as they come out!

Force Effects package is almost here!