1 0.86%
  • JudgeSaberSmith (Light Side)

0 0%
  • JudgeSaberSmith EP VI ROTJ

4 3.45%
  • PredatorSaber v2.0

2 1.72%
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: CF Sound Fonts by Novastar & CF OWNERS!! :)

It's definitely not a question of buying the CDs, lol! The only thing left in question now is how long it takes to LightScribe on my computer (and if it works--never tried), and go from there.

But you know--if for whatever reason L-scribing "fails"... I will either revert to "labeling" with--you know, CD labels, or find some other way to get things done.

The only thing out of the question would be going to a company and having them mass-produced. It's way too expensive for someone like me... just a business of ONE... and making CDs is *NOT* my primary business!!

I still am unsure of the price, but again, it will not be $20 nor will it be $75.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Portsmouth... The real Portsmouth in the UK :D.

Lightscribing is relatively easy and takes about 10-15 minutes per disk (depending on drive speed). Also Lightscribing isn't really a process that can 'fail' as you're not writing data and there's no need to verify anything, so the odd pixel out of place doesn't make the slightest bit of difference .

Put me down for one when they're ready.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we shall have a cup of tea and a nice chat"

(Well what did you expect? I am English after all )

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    But you know--if for whatever reason L-scribing "fails"... I will either revert to "labeling" with--you know, CD labels, or find some other way to get things done.
    If you happen to have a canon printer, many models can be hacked to print directly on CD's. Canon nerfs their U.S. printers so they won't print CDs due to US patent conflict. But you can buy a tray on Ebay and change the printer config to make the printer think it is a UK model...

I now have the entire MST3K library on DVD, complete with schmancy disc graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Strachan View Post
    Lightscribing is relatively easy and takes about 10-15 minutes per disk (depending on drive speed). Also Lightscribing isn't really a process that can 'fail' as you're not writing data and there's no need to verify anything, so the odd pixel out of place doesn't make the slightest bit of difference .

Put me down for one when they're ready.
    Thanks SWAT! That is good info to know... I'm looking forward to making the first few tests either late tonight or tomorrow.

As to "pre-orders" or what not--they won't be needed, as... well... unless LightScribe CDs drop off the face of the earth (or is that EBAY, lol)... or my L-scribe drive dies or whatever... I will simply make as many as there are orders for them.

In the beginning I might be a bit slow on the shipping if I haven't "printed enough fast enough", but... that won't be for long. It would simply mean gee, have to wait a whole day more, darn.

I do not as of yet know about the whole shipping overseas thing. I hope it's simple. It's just a bloody dang CD. How much could it be to ship?

....(famous last words), lol
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

heh. famous last words, indeed. But seriously, Erv' has done a ton of international shipping to the US. he can probably tell you all about international shipping. and Postal Authorities.
    "In the battle with one's self, there can be no winner, for the victor and vanquished are one and the same"

-Me

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you're strapped for free time... Kinko's does bulk cd writing, cheap too..

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    It's definitely not a question of buying the CDs, lol! The only thing left in question now is how long it takes to LightScribe on my computer (and if it works--never tried), and go from there.

The only thing out of the question would be going to a company and having them mass-produced. It's way too expensive for someone like me... just a business of ONE... and making CDs is *NOT* my primary business!!

I still am unsure of the price, but again, it will not be $20 nor will it be $75.
    Nova, you could just leave it blank or scribble your name on it with a Sharpie. Content trumps packaging for this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    If you're strapped for free time... Kinko's does bulk cd writing, cheap too..
    QFE.

Nova, why don't you sell it on the internet. Pay and download,quick and easy. so some user's oversea don't have to wait 2 weeks or so. set up a paypal account and a link when they pay.
    less work for you in the long run.
    The marking of a Sith

Good idea Steve (and thanks for that link to the Italian "open source" product--neat)... but... I prefer a physical product in this case.

It's also about 700MB to 750MB of information, so... if you don't want to store that information on a hard drive (or your OWN backup CD to burn), I think it's more professional of me to give you guys something tangible. Erv and I agreed on that--tangible like the saber props themselves... nothing as nice as that!

Also I *hope* that having a physical product in SOME ways discourages privacy. As we know, "Johnny Jedi" could buy the CD and then just share with eight of his friends down the block, copying files, burning CDs and such... and too much of that kind of thing would most likely prevent me from releasing further stuff... but... there is nothing ANY of us can do about it.

It's kind of funny--over the years of my life, I've made it pretty "standard practice" *NEVER* to "boot-leg" games or applications and all that. Not even Windows. I have almost always bought the software, whether full retail if need be or discounted by buying used software on something like ebay or half, etc.

I used to program in college, and had a lot of buddies who did, so... I had perspective about what it feels like when your artwork, hard work, study, and craftsmanship are taken for granted--now simply "a bunch of files"... no longer--someone's time and efforts!!!

Anyhow... all good thoughts and ideas guys, thanks!! Oh, and I did indeed check with Erv on the international mailing thing... we'll see how it goes.

Nova no problem, but remember someone can order the CD and zip it up and send it over the internet. Your product is for the C.F. if a user doesn't have the board what's the point. you can also zip the file with a password and only give it to the user's that paid for it.

Also, web site like megaupload.com or rapidshare.com you can store 2g files at a time (they got big bandwidth pipes). you give the end user a choice CD or download. i've sold DVD'S before and let me tell you 3 off us can't kept up with the orders. lol

I've got 3 hack sony psp, only a handful of games are good and if their good i'll buy it. Enduser with the crystal forcus (i'll get one when it's available) will
    buy and do the same and support your work.
    The marking of a Sith