1 0.86%
  • JudgeSaberSmith (Light Side)

0 0%
  • JudgeSaberSmith EP VI ROTJ

4 3.45%
  • PredatorSaber v2.0

2 1.72%
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: CF Sound Fonts by Novastar & CF OWNERS!! :)

Well, "abnormal" is in the eye of the beholder... since--the entire idea I have been trying to get across to CF users is... you can do quite a NUMBER of things with it!

* Put it in a "glowing box" and use it as a "holocube" or holocron or whatever. Make whizz-bang sounds... vocal communications for the hum? Don't know... be creative...
    * Fire sword. Well... there's your Phoenix Pyre for ya...
    * Lightning sword... I'm workin' on it.
    * Droid stuff... except Erv's making a more specific "droid core" soon enough... so--whatever... it is still happening.
    * Sounds that aren't "100% specific to Ben Burtt". Not that his sounds don't rock the house & earth... but... hey, creativity and uniqueness is what made CF awesome... so keep the ball rolling. Thus, Ancient Saber, Steel Sword, Kung Fu, Chainsaw, etc.
    * Any and all combinations of the sounds you like from all the movies... that is really what Blackstar and Novastar sound fonts are... an "amalgamation" of sounds I prefer, and in Blackstar's on/off sounds... my own voice! (tweaked mind you)
    * Your "standard" EP I, EP II, EP III, etc. fonts. Enter Jonitus' fonts, or Delmunstrator or Christoppher, and so forth!
    * Indiana Jones "whip" font. Heck, doesn't even have to be Jones... could be a whip in general
    * Light whip... I don't know when or if I'll be able to do this one... we'll see...
    * A "Force Shield"... maybe something akin to the Jar Jar style people's thingies. I don't know. Have some creativity!

In essence... I see SO much creativity with saber hilts... ENDLESS creativity do I see! Why not, I ask, with sound? Hmmm???

"Monotony. HEH. Same old stuff. HEH!! A CF user craves not these things..." -- Yo!!!! Duhhhh....

~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

How about this for a blade lockup. It is the duel in the cave when luke locks up with vader. It comes at 2:22. It is a high pitched popping sound. It really makes the energy of the blades come to life IMO.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0AaIO__5RO4

Here is the captured sound byte..

Click Me Click Me.... Yeah,,, Click Me

If someone knows how to filter the music, it would be great..
    -Del
    Kicked out of the Sith Order for being too chipper!
    My website - http://buttrynet.dyndns.org

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Congrats Nova! I noticed it's no longer just me under the mod list.

EDIT: Let's get a custom title on you... ideas?
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Master of Sounds

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That's logical... unless someone says something that's just all sorts of awesome that'll do.

I noticed at the FX-sabers site Vortex suggested a rain font. It sounded more like a soothing let's go to sleep suggestion, but that got my brain rumbling.

What about a Kamino font? It would totally sound like the battle of Obi vs. Jango. Rain sizzling on the blade, lightning maybe in the background. Missile fire as the force effect.

Retraction could be Slave One lifting off before the blade sound. I like this...
    RED LEADER Standing by!

The new game called Time Shift has some sweet rain sounds and others effects. I'll try to capture them this afternoon..
    -Del
    Kicked out of the Sith Order for being too chipper!
    My website - http://buttrynet.dyndns.org

I know this is juvenile. But I dream of someone making a fart sounds font.

So I could switch the bank over to the fart sound when someone asks to see my saber. Then they swing and it farts...

Cmon! HI-larity!

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    That's logical... unless someone says something that's just all sorts of awesome that'll do.

I noticed at the FX-sabers site Vortex suggested a rain font. It sounded more like a soothing let's go to sleep suggestion, but that got my brain rumbling.

What about a Kamino font? It would totally sound like the battle of Obi vs. Jango. Rain sizzling on the blade, lightning maybe in the background. Missile fire as the force effect.

Retraction could be Slave One lifting off before the blade sound. I like this...
    EXCELLENT idea... I'm only barely barely slightly ahead of you, as I have been compiling some "nature" sounds for a bit, trying to decide if I could help Jonitus with the "Zen" font with 'em... or create a nature font or whatever...

BUT--I never once thought about the whole Kamino + rain + sabers + Jango = interesting!

What I *HAVE* done (and I hope this gives people ideas)... is make short "music backgrounds" during things like the blaster, force, and lockup modes... since this is more "controllable" and the sound can be any length... you simply get imaginative, etc. People who watched/listened to my v2.61 + 6 sound font demo probably heard the lightning... but did you hear the EMPEROR'S THEME in the background?? Same with the choke/grip... there is the "choral ahhh" thing from EP III's Battle of Heroes briefly...

Anyhow... GREAT idea, X to the Z... I say everyone go for it!

For now, alas... (or is it YAY)... I must work on the BOP III soundtrack... which, by the way... is coming out MAGNIFICENTLY and sounds GREAT thanks to the talented vocal artists I found to work on it. One is from Australia... can't wait to mix it all completely and share with you guys...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

P.S. I don't need a moderator "title", hhehe ... I only asked Tim for some way to edit the CF sound font poll so I could add OTHER people's fonts (which I was hoping to do from the beginning)... so I guess he figured the best way was to just grant moderator access??.... dunno...

I'll do my best, but... don't really know what a moderator does other than keep the peace... And in general, mostly only COOL people who don't begin fights post here.

Then you have some of the sections of TF.N which ends up being a lot of mouth-offs. That ain't TCSS, so... there it is, plain and simple.