1 0.86%
  • JudgeSaberSmith (Light Side)

0 0%
  • JudgeSaberSmith EP VI ROTJ

4 3.45%
  • PredatorSaber v2.0

2 1.72%
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: CF Sound Fonts by Novastar & CF OWNERS!! :)

Default Update: CD SHIPPED!!!!

Ok, it's on its way to you if you purchased!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mNvQQu_xCOo

Also... I think I'll put a more permanent "poll" on what people's favorite is on my website or something. Either that or I'll have to make a new one on TCSS since I'm able to edit it and update the poll with the new fonts. D'oh.

Enjoy! And don't forget to post a review or video or both about what you like/dislike about the CD!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Dang man, my pay pal just cleared 5 minutes ago.

Default **** New And Improved N-star Cf Sound Font Poll ****

http://www.thecuttingedge.s5.com/bop/nstar_cd.html

You'll have to scroll down a bit, but I think this poll will be much more effective (at least for the CD). Also, I'm hoping to determine which "classic" and "new/N-star original" fonts people are gravitating toward.

I do realize that a GREAT PORTION of the fun is in "tweaking/editing" an existing font to suit YOUR OWN needs... and I feel silly for not including an option to select "I like my own font best", but... I don't know--20 options gives me a headache already, heheheh!!

Note that I *STILL* wish I could edit the poll I made on TCSS, mostly to keep adding OTHER people's fonts there (such as Delmustator's), but... Tim & I don't know how to edit polls once they've been "sent out into the wild", heheh.

Enjoy!

And PLEASE vote... it will REALLY help me to divine which fonts are "what people like", and which ones aren't worth pursuing/improving/making similar fonts of...

http://www.thecuttingedge.s5.com/bop/nstar_cd.html

(Gotta scroll down a bit and look to yer left!)
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

I don't have a CF yet, and it may be a while before I can get my hands on one. But I wanted you to know that your Phoenix Pyre YouTube demo inspired me to rethink my sabre design to work with it. That and Ancient are likely to be my primary sounds once I get it all together.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

My favorite is by far the Zen font. It's low key but still classic sounding like the movie sabers.

Default * Bundled with CF v4.1 *

As a matter of note, buyers will have the ability to purchase the NSCFCD at a reduced cost when "bundling" the purchase with CF.

Not 100% sure yet what the reduced cost will be. No need to offer suggestions, just saying... it's not decided for certain yet.

Default ** THE BIG LIST FOR V2 (of the CD) **

(feel free to help me out here, everyone... and keep in mind we don't want to go 100% *BONKERS* and expect me to do > 20 to 25 fonts... like I said before, see 75 fonts from Novastar you will NOT...)

NOTE: These are all pretty much unmade right now... SOME may have a little bit a work, while others... zilch.

THE BIG LIST -- subject to changes, input, etc.

Blaster - Judge Dredd (this is a menu font for blaster core that I did for Erv... but I could step into the blaster realm a little bit if we do some popular ones that have NOT been done already)

Corbin's Killer Bee -- TBD... depends on if Corbin even wants me to add it
    Crystalline Workshop -- TBA later on... it's something Yoda and I are thinking about
    Elemental: Earth -- It didn't go on the 1st CD b/c it was unfinished... maybe I can complete it
    Knight Saber -- K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider
    Thunder Volt -- TBA later
    Tron 3.0 -- Someone was kind enough to send me some sounds on this... remind me who you are again if you're reading!!
    Vidiot Fonts -- This one might turn into a few, but... you know! Mario... Zelda... Mega Man... that sort of old school thang.
    Magnus Saber -- TBA later
    Plasma Sword -- Halo style...

SW TFU Starkiller -- IF ANYONE CAN SEND SOME CLEAN SOUNDS, great!!! I don't have the game, nor can I get it--I have a PC and that's it...
    SW EP III: Obi Ani -- probably a hybrid of saber sounds from EP III's battle
    SW EP III: Sidious -- if there are enough unique sounds from EP III... Sidious!
    SW LightWhip -- Duh... I've been wanting to do this ever since the Jones font...
    SW Vibroblade -- as requested... a good idea!

Union?? -- I don't recall who made this, but it was a compilation of his favorite sounds I mixed??? Remind me???!?!?
    Reaver?? -- If Shadeslinger wants it on there... on it goes, and I'll work with him however he wants me to do so...
    Mongrel?? -- If Eastern57 wants it on there... on it goes, and I'll work with him however he wants me to do so...
    -------------------------------------

I'm still open to making this more of a "This is the sound CD *FOR* the users... *BY* the users... uh, plus a little bit from myself, N-Star" kind of thing... in which case, the less "work" I do, the less the CD would cost... or... heck, I don't know, maybe I should at least TRY to think of something special to do for people who submit a font or something. Hard to say at this point. I try to be open to ideas though...

Anyhow... happy holidays (holiDAZE??) to all... and looking fwd to 2009...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Halo plasma sword sounds awesome. So does lightwhip. If there were any two I had to pick, those would be them.

Starkiller also has potential
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I think a gundam beam saber font would be killer!
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I haven't browsed thru here in a while, heh, heh.

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to donate the reaver soundfont, there's, um, just one problem...it got eliminated during my computer crash/overhaul. I still have the core sounds on the device I used to rip the audio, but it needs to be entirely remade. This isn't a bad thing though, as there are some changes I want to make to it (again), but honestly it's not going to be anytime soon...at all, so it's a good thing the next compilations not being released next week or anything!

Oh, and I've been trying to find clean lightsaber sounds from The Force Unleashed game, but even with music and voice turned off there's almost always background noise. However, during non-FMV cut scenes (mini-game boss battles) there shows some promise. If I can snag a few good ones I'll email 'em to ya Nova.