1 0.86%
  • JudgeSaberSmith (Light Side)

0 0%
  • JudgeSaberSmith EP VI ROTJ

4 3.45%
  • PredatorSaber v2.0

2 1.72%
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: CF Sound Fonts by Novastar & CF OWNERS!! :)

Default CF Sound Fonts by Novastar & CF OWNERS!! :)

"STICKY STYLE" EDIT:

* If you are new to CF and sound fonts, please read this entire thread... You'll be glad you did.
    * To download CF Sound Fonts, visit Erv's sound & downloads page HERE.
    * To download CF Sound Fonts not normally available on Erv's site at Plecterlabs.com, check out Delmustator's thread HERE.
    ---------------------------------------------

Hi everyone...

Glad you all are enjoying these. There is another one on the way actually! It should blow everyone's socks off--mainly because it's... well... almost too psycho for a saber. Recommended for insane people only (which is pretty much all of us)...

I promised X-Wing that he would be the first (along with Erv) to know what it was, so... be patient until it's out, heheheh. Basically X-Wing mentioned "Hemi" for a sound font, and it gave me an idea. Wasn't for a hemi font, but... might be better.

Finally... (IMPORTANT)

Balance of Power is a pretty expensive project... they come out of my pocket, and I've no real recourse to re-couping my losses other than in giving back to SW fans in general... so... If ANY of you guys actually like BOP I & II... or the sound fonts I've been able to offer you... ANY small donation (via PayPal) to the cause would be greatly appreciated.

$1, $2 or $5 donations would be great. Personally, I think the fonts alone are worth a few bucks... I really did spend a lot of time trying to make them so that they would really stand out, be unique, yet not sound artificial. If you've any thoughts on this--that would be great.

What I may eventually have to do--is open up a "BOP Fund" to help the projects stay alive, continue to grow, and also attempt to keep using cutting edge technology. After all--that WOULD be in line with my biz name.

Cheers!! And wait until you hear the new font... it'll kick your BUTTS! Ok, someone ELSE's butt...

--Novastar
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Is paypal to your email ok?
    I would like to donate $10 to your fund 5 from me and 5 from my girlfriend.
    I'll send it to you next week keep em coming we all love bop 1 & 2!
    and I am also a big fan of your fonts I am working on couple of my own,
    can't wait to the next font!
    If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!

Hi Ravage! Thanks... your support REALLY makes a difference. I'm very glad people have already replied!

Best e-mail to use for donation:
    "payment@thecuttingedge.s5.com"

You can send to "novastar" or "jedi" or "saber" or "sabre" too. I put a lot of names in there so it's easy for people.

8/23/07 UPDATES:

* Soon to be released... CHAINSAW FONT!!! yes, you read correctly, do not adjust your screen...
    * Soon to be released... KUNG FU FIGHTIN'!!! Now you cats can be fast as lightnin'...
    * Selection sounds completed for Novastar, Blackstar, Steel Sword, Ancient Saber, Chainsaw
    * Other selection sound options
    * Will add selection sounds for the new Kung Fu font as well

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

it's already there ! time zone, you'll never get us... great work nova,
    worked hard too today to finish assembling / cutting / converting those, plus shooting a video

- the last 2 sound fonts, plus a few things, I'll double post in the buttered toast thread : chainsaw and kungfu demos
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7olVBHya9Xo

enjoy,
    Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

In order to provide some more interesting fonts for the future, I want to get suggestions--hopefully with at least SOME detail of your requests. Then, I'll organize those requests into a poll and see what the general saber community is looking for in future fonts. If you don't like 'em, make your own!

Remember--your CF card does NOT have to just be in a saber... in the future, it could be a shield, or a firearm, an axe prop, whip, or whatever. Here's some of the fonts I had in mind:

* Whip -- possibly both "normal" and "lightwhip"
    * Electrostaff -- might be worth a shot
    * SW Blaster fonts -- for Erv's upcoming blaster project
    * Machine gun / shotgun font -- as for above
    * Magic Staff / wand???

Just for fun... Nintendo Geek fonts...
    --Zelda
    --Metroid
    --Mario

--General Mayhem font -- goofy movie lines, sounds, chicken clucking, etc.
    --TechnoSaber -- more of beatbox with "mixing" by waving the saber, clashing it, lol
    -- Mechanical Saber -- X-wing requested this, so I'd have to understand more details...
    -- Corbin's Killer Bee Font -- he is working on that one...

Looking forward to suggestions...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    -- Mechanical Saber -- X-wing requested this, so I'd have to understand more details...
    I'll get you a description soon. Basically your ancient is to electronic as mine is to mechanical. I'm thinking an opposite or counterpoint.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Looking forward to suggestions...

I'd just like to hear more saber font sounds.

Maybe an OT Jedi sound, and perhaps an OT Sith sound. Like a Vader ESB hum(more of a moan, if you ask me...).

Like in this video(except w/out the pauses between loops and transitions, of course )

http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/saber/v2_red1.avi

That's the ultimate saber hum IMO.

Perhaps the Jedi sound could resemble Luke's in ESB with the Luke ROTJ ignition(I think they gave him that ignition in the DVD of ESB, anyway so it'd be accurrate).

Would love to have 2 sabers, one with each font i it. Hope you could do something here...

I think I have in my inbox a SF made by judgesabersmith, not tested yet. The "Zen" font, made of tibetan singing I think.

Nova, I'll be pleased to make a special mention on the website so that people can donate. But for that :
    - add a sound font section on your website, something like saber sound design. Could be in the left menu of BOP for instance. Put there some description of your work, and link to my page for DL.
    - add a paypal donate button. The code is available from paypal.
    - do the same somewhere in the BOP page. "You like BOP ? Please Support us. BOP is not getting special funding blablabla"

Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Great idea Erv! Thanks for thinking of me. Often, I forget to (or do not have time to) make a good setup on my website and put together donation possibilities and all that jazz.

Glad to hear Jonitus (JudgeSaberSmith) is making another font! I believe that is the WHOLE idea... for everyone to start throwing their hats into the ring so-to-speak, so that eventually we have so many choices, a CF owner could not POSSIBLY be "disappointed" with their saber fonts.

As to an "OT" sound set, indeed those are good ideas... first I am focusing on more unique and original configurations (as you can all see with the 6 I've made), and I'll probably stay with that for a LEEEETLE bit more, and then go for pulling the sounds directly from archives from the movies and all that jazz.

Thanks again everyone!

As to an "OT" sound set, indeed those are good ideas... first I am focusing on more unique and original configurations (as you can all see with the 6 I've made), and I'll probably stay with that for a LEEEETLE bit more, and then go for pulling the sounds directly from archives from the movies and all that jazz.

Thanks again everyone!
    Well, I look forward to your OT fonts when they come. I hope you don't get TOO sidetracked on those other ones.

I know everyone likes to be unique and all, and no offense, but I really have no desire for my saber to sound like anything other than a lightsaber.

I'd love to make my own, but I have no idea how, and as I understand it, they are VERY difficult to do, but I can see your need for some kind of monetary compensation. I'll see what I can do...