1 0.86%
  • JudgeSaberSmith (Light Side)

0 0%
  • JudgeSaberSmith EP VI ROTJ

4 3.45%
  • PredatorSaber v2.0

2 1.72%
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: CF Sound Fonts by Novastar & CF OWNERS!! :)

Portsmouth... The real Portsmouth in the UK :D.

Quote Originally Posted by Kant Lavar View Post
    Can someone PM me the information on how to order one of these lovlies?

(Can't get on YouTube at work, and the internet in the MWR tents out here is crap -when it works at all! - and won't play YouTube videos.)
    Go to http://www.thecuttingedge.s5.com/bop/nstar_cd.html and use the PayPal link .

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we shall have a cup of tea and a nice chat"

(Well what did you expect? I am English after all )

Thanks for posting the links guys! I could have sworn I posted the necessary links for ordering, but... maybe I messed up.

Either way, to repeat:

You go to youtube to see a little bit about the CD on video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXqVDgz3woQ

...and then to my website to purchase.
    http://thecuttingedge.s5.com/bop/nstar_cd.html

It's quite true that going to my "main" index.html page for The Cutting Edge does not currently have any links to the N-Star CD page... I'll get to that later, but... for now I think the above is plenty.

Off to work! Again, thanks for all of the support, and if you don't have the money now, don't worry--the CD will not be "going out of stock". Now that the work is complete, it's only a matter of me L-Scribing and getting it to you.

The first 10 orders were in in the first 8 hours of ordering (maybe sooner)... so... personalization time... Oh, and Yoda's visiting me as well (from FX-sabers).
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Force Aware

Smile

Ordered, thank you Nova for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Thanks for posting the links guys! I could have sworn I posted the necessary links for ordering, but... maybe I messed up.

Either way, to repeat:

You go to youtube to see a little bit about the CD on video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXqVDgz3woQ

...and then to my website to purchase.
    http://thecuttingedge.s5.com/bop/nstar_cd.html

It's quite true that going to my "main" index.html page for The Cutting Edge does not currently have any links to the N-Star CD page... I'll get to that later, but... for now I think the above is plenty.

Off to work! Again, thanks for all of the support, and if you don't have the money now, don't worry--the CD will not be "going out of stock". Now that the work is complete, it's only a matter of me L-Scribing and getting it to you.

The first 10 orders were in in the first 8 hours of ordering (maybe sooner)... so... personalization time... Oh, and Yoda's visiting me as well (from FX-sabers).
    Darn, I just ordered the CD's an hour or so ago after I found the link on Erv's site. Does this mean I missed the chance for an autographed CD? Bummer!

Ola everyone...

Well, holy moses! SOOOO many orders coming in, I don't know if I can keep up, hheheheh! Fortunately, the really tough work is behind me (I think?), so... let's see... what shall I say:

* Thanks, folks!! So far, there have been about 30 orders... in barely one weekend!! Rock & roll!!!
    * Clearly, the first 10 personalized copies are already set in stone, so... thanks for that too!
    * Demos/previews of each font will be available on the CD itself, but I'm afraid I will not really "fully demo" any of the new fonts online anymore. That being said, I can safely say that the SW fonts are really close to "definitive" in most cases. I mean... they are DIRECTLY from the films... so--I can't get much more accurate!
    * I made a mistake and thought 750mb could fit on the LightScribe CDs, but... duh, only 700mb. So, I took out 2 "bonus vids" which were just high-qual versions of two youtube vids I had (Indiana Jones demo & tribute to Erv)
    * MadCow (Rob Petkau) and I sort of touched bases about his "Heirloom" font, and it has been added to the CD, so... much thanks to Rob for that! I'm sure it will help get HIS name out there too!
    * CD orders that have been placed already should go out this week... maybe as late as Friday, but... probably not so far out in the week.

Also... I had forgotten to LIST the fonts that are going onto the CD (alphabetically):

Ancient Saber
    Blackstar
    Chainsaw
    Elemental - H2O
    Heirloom Relic (by Madcow)
    Indiana Jones Whip
    Kung Fu Fightin'!
    Magic Saber
    Nano Deus Tachi
    NecroVolt Staff
    Novastar
    Phoenix Pyre
    Satori 'Zen' Saber
    Steel Sword
    SW ElectroStaff Sounds
    SW EP I Sounds
    SW EP II Sounds
    SW EP IV Sounds
    SW EP V Sounds
    SW EP VI Sounds

So... yeah, that's a *LOT* of sound. A throng, a horde, a legion... a BONKLOAD of sounds. Don't forget that for CF v4, there are now 3 new blaster sounds and a new force sound... and in the case of the CD, nearly ALL of the sounds are new and not just "cut & pasted" over and over.

Additionally (as mentioned a bit before), most all of the fonts have "bonus extras" such as extra hum sounds, alternate poweron/poweroff sounds, and sometimes much more!

Finally, don't forget the "Blaster & Special Extras" folder, which contains a TON of un-mixed sounds with which you can create most any sound you like for whatever font you like. Up to you!

Alright... more on all of this later!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

One of these days when I get time and some more money I'll order one from you Nova. Oh! Ya,and... THANKS!!!

Ordered.....

Many thanks Novastar for all that work.

bd
    J.
    TK/TB/ID 8286
    501st Pathfinders Lancer
    Carolina Garrison- 501st Legion
    Blue Ridge Base- Rebel Legion
    BlackDOG across the SW forums galaxy......

BTW everyone, CD info is currently being burned in (after the last minute v4 config.txt "special touches"), the first 10 will be signed and placed in the mail. Probably this week.

So... most anyone who ordered should expect to see the CD somewhere around June 12th for the U.S. shipping and the 19th for outside-U.S. I'm not 100% sure on that yet, but... it seems very doable on my end despite my schedule.

And when ya get it... DON'T FORGET TO POST VIDEO/SOUND of the fonts you end up playing with!

One thing is for certain... with 20 sound fonts (and those are just the ones on the CD... not counting other peoples)... you'd need:

* with v2.5 and earlier... FIVE SD cards to hold all the fonts
    * with v2.61 and later... THREE+ SD cards to hold all the fonts
    * ...or you could just have a few Crystal Focus sabers period... one darkside, one lightside, right?

...and even then, it'd be hard to have all the fonts on there!

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    BTW everyone, CD info is currently being burned in (after the last minute v4 config.txt "special touches")
    Tweaker---------