Well, "abnormal" is in the eye of the beholder... since--the entire idea I have been trying to get across to CF users is... you can do quite a NUMBER of things with it!

* Put it in a "glowing box" and use it as a "holocube" or holocron or whatever. Make whizz-bang sounds... vocal communications for the hum? Don't know... be creative...
* Fire sword. Well... there's your Phoenix Pyre for ya...
* Lightning sword... I'm workin' on it.
* Droid stuff... except Erv's making a more specific "droid core" soon enough... so--whatever... it is still happening.
* Sounds that aren't "100% specific to Ben Burtt". Not that his sounds don't rock the house & earth... but... hey, creativity and uniqueness is what made CF awesome... so keep the ball rolling. Thus, Ancient Saber, Steel Sword, Kung Fu, Chainsaw, etc.
* Any and all combinations of the sounds you like from all the movies... that is really what Blackstar and Novastar sound fonts are... an "amalgamation" of sounds I prefer, and in Blackstar's on/off sounds... my own voice! (tweaked mind you)
* Your "standard" EP I, EP II, EP III, etc. fonts. Enter Jonitus' fonts, or Delmunstrator or Christoppher, and so forth!
* Indiana Jones "whip" font. Heck, doesn't even have to be Jones... could be a whip in general
* Light whip... I don't know when or if I'll be able to do this one... we'll see...
* A "Force Shield"... maybe something akin to the Jar Jar style people's thingies. I don't know. Have some creativity!

In essence... I see SO much creativity with saber hilts... ENDLESS creativity do I see! Why not, I ask, with sound? Hmmm???

"Monotony. HEH. Same old stuff. HEH!! A CF user craves not these things..." -- Yo!!!! Duhhhh....