1 0.86%
  • JudgeSaberSmith (Light Side)

0 0%
  • JudgeSaberSmith EP VI ROTJ

4 3.45%
  • PredatorSaber v2.0

2 1.72%
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: CF Sound Fonts by Novastar & CF OWNERS!! :)

Well I have the CF 3.0 on my workbench and all wired up for loading of the sound banks.

So I archive the default sound banks and load my LoWang sound fonts to bank 5.

Turn it on, select bank 5 and start laughing my arse off.. Freaking hilarious!!!

One note of seriousness.. I noticed that 2 sound fonts are not setup in the Saber Sound Mixer program. The bank selection sound font and the boot sound font.

Erv, you considering adding these to your program?

Other than this, now I need to gather some more parts and start building. I think this puppy will go into my Anakin AOTC.
    -Del
    Kicked out of the Sith Order for being too chipper!
    My website - http://buttrynet.dyndns.org

I used the 'SW droid, high' setting of 'mechanise' in Gold Wave on a recording of my voice to get the selection sound for my chicken saber. As for boot it can be anything you want, I just used a raw 'cluck' without hum or anything mixed in.

Edit: Del, any chance you could email me your sound fonts? Erv's not put them up on his site yet and I'd especially like to have Lo Wang to try out the UK meet up.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

Whoa! (re: Episode II & IV fonts)

Ok... I just realized that the mixing ended up pretty bad on these! Figures--I never had a chance to test them in a v2 since I didn't put them in the last one, and I've been too busy having my actors use the saber to bother checking...

...but now that I have the SECOND v2.61 wired up, I heard Ep IV and Ep II and the mixtures suck monkey tail. I'm going to fix them posthaste, and give them to Erv for better updates/upgrades to them.

Sorry about that!

I also modified Steel Sword so that it is also mixed a lot better. I dunno... I guess I'm a stickler for the transitions to sound perfect and I hate it when they aren't!!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Talking

i'd be glad to donate a few bucks for the creation of some CF sound fonts though my hard drive crashed and i've lost my farm animal saber so i'm working from a friends computer with sound forge trial version to quickly re-build it

You might have sent that to me... and I might still have it! I'll look... if you're lucky, it's still floating around in my inbox...

I know my g/f deleted it when I copied it to my desktop... I don't know WHY, but maybe she thought it was junk. There would be no way she could have understood what the heck the .raw files were, lol.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

I just got my 3.0 up and running and I must say thanks everyone that has worked on them. I want to change a couple out, not really into the chansaw or kung fu, but are interesting. one question, how do I get the music out of the font selection menu?

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Change the background file to a blank file. I didn't really dig the music either, I found it made hearing the names harder.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I made my own music file that is a faint sound of a probe droid (like on Hoth in EP 5). And a whole new set of my wifes voice saying the menu words.

Fun to customize!

MC

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
    Fun to customize!
    Totally agreed here!
    Novastar - of all the non-lightsaber fonts, I think so far I like Phoenix the best. I loaded it up in place of kung-fu, using the same config file, and it actually looked pretty nice.

-Luke

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband View Post
    Change the background file to a blank file. I didn't really dig the music either, I found it made hearing the names harder.
    I don't see a background. BTW what program do I use to open the "music" files so I can preview them before loading the flash into the saber?

BLUE 3- Ready