Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Blanking Cap Switch Covers

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur
    So just a cap that will cover up the pushbutton on the switchs we sell?
    Yup, pretty much that simple.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur
    So just a cap that will cover up the pushbutton on the switchs we sell?
    yes, and buy them we would.

here is the switch set I am using on two of the sabers I am building for my group, notice the brass "thumb nut" this is what I plan to cap the switch with, and i can confirm Madcow uses the same type idea, just a blank aluminum cap drilled just deep enough to snugly fit the switch, i suggest not selling them with the drilled hole just so the end user can dill them to fit the switch they have.
    If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage179
    i suggest not selling them with the drilled hole just so the end user can dill them to fit the switch they have.

This is a good point, but there are many on here that are not comfortable drilling the hole, so it may be a good idea to have the option of with or without the hole predrilled.

I know I'd want it predrilled, just because I don't have the tools to drill it straight and not ether mar the crap out of the cap, or cut up my hands. Not that is isn't possible, but I'd rather not attempt it.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

that hilt is missing the black knob.

But yeah I love the idea of a cap for the buttons. Makes searching for a cool button alot less annoying.

Iam trying to figure out my switch setup for my next hilt and Iam just confused again as to what will work with how the hilt will look. I would love tact switches but I dont want to do the work of mounting them.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

maybey tim could put the drilling as an option like the drill and tap for thumscrew?
    If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage179
    maybey tim could put the drilling as an option like the drill and tap for thumscrew?
    I'd like them already drilled... those tiny things are just asking for an accident. I've already marred my hands enough.

I think they should be set and ready to work with the existing switches. Anything else should be our problem to deal with.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Tim, if you build it, they will come.....

That is exactly what my saber is missing! Having the rubber cap on the button next to a thumb screw just doesn't look right! One of these in red would so complete it!

I like the Un/predrilled option, maybe have four colours too. Red, Black, Chrome & Brass, that way we're all happy!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Ok..I will get something going. Now is the time to submit your design ideas if you have any requests.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Yes! I love this Idea, have been contemplating it myself for some time. Here is my idea. In addition to having a piece like this for pushbutton switches, I think we should have rotary switches as well, preferably ones which the same piece can be used on. I did an experiment with this a little while back, using a 10-32 knurled nut and a rotary switch.

I like the rotary switch because there is absolutely no way you can accidentally turn it off in a duel, unlike pushbutton switches.

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.