Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New here, interested in custom saber, special order parts

Default New here, interested in custom saber, special order parts

Hi all. I am a new member here, but a long time star wars and lightsaber fan. I have had a couple of custom lightsabers made, but my usual sources are not doing them anymore.

Basically I am trying to figure out the best way to get the following made

Right now the emitter seems to be the only piece that the MHS doesn't have. I could use the MHS pieces for the rest, but if the hilt and end components could be special made as well that would be great

So my question is, can these pieces be custom made by the store?

Thanks so much for any help and feedback

Greetings NeuroSean,
    This is a marvelous store with lots of possibilites. Tim a.k.a Strydur is capeable of and often does custom machining work. You should consider sending him a private message with regards to your design. You might also consider that the sink tubes sold here in the store fit perfectly over mhs parts and could be used for some of the overlay pieces you have in your picture. Definately Tim's MHS parts are second to none for the customizability, durability and ease of use, and you will find that the definately do not disappoint, especially when you get to see your great idea come to fruition. Keep tabs on the forums here, they are grand for spawning ideas you may have not even considered or thought possible.
    cheers
    FSM What's on your belt?

As always, the Burninator speaks true.

Definitely consider the sink tube option, especially with the emitter, though i'm sure Tim could machine that pommel easily.

Welcome, read, & enjoy!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Well look who came from randomsabers to join tcss,greetings Neurosean,rememeber me?

Like thay said,Strydur could do it.That is why there is a custom work fee in the store.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

How about clamping a MHS emitter in a miter box and cutting it with a hacksaw at a 45° angle? The cut surface could be a little bit rough, but that could be corrected with a fine flat file followed by some fine sandpaper.
    That's how I would do it. Hiring someone else to do it should not cost much. Having a custom part machined from scratch would.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

With a stock MHS part at a 45 degree angle you'd have one side with like a half inch in the holder. Not very sturdy I think...
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

maybe if you just use the regular straight thick emitter and overlay it with a sinktube for the angle.

BLUE 3- Ready

Thanks for the tips and ideas. To be honest, while I consider myself somewhat handy, I know I lack the tools, and I think I lack the talent to fully realize this vision on my own. I would rather pay someone to do this saber right, and continue to learn more so that some other designs that I have buried in my head could see the light of day from my own hands.

Never any harm in asking opinions on here dude!

I think i'd go with the sinktube shroud effect. It'd be sturdier than just cutting the MHS at an angle, and give the funky 'multi-layered' effect.

I'd do that myself if I were you, all part of the learning curve!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

the sinktube shroud is not nearly as intimidating as it seems. i simply drew the design i wanted on the side of the tube with crayon and cut it with a dremel and after a few minutes of filing looks great. dremels are fairly cheap too if you dont already have one.