Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: benefits of a buck puck?

Here's a problem with your setup..Your resistor is too big. With a 4.8V batt. pack using a red LUX III your resistor should be a 1.2ohm 3 watt resistor. Your resistor is "resisting" too much current to the LED that's why it's dim. I also agree with Arm..The 40" blade is a bit long, that is if you are measuring from the LED itself to the bottom of the shouldered tip where it reflects. The celophane wrap, between 4 to 6 feet will also help with evening the blade.

This is also a minor issue but the blade is a thick walled blade, great for dueling but it will allow less light to reflect inside.
    Last edited by Dark Navel; 05-13-2008 at 05:07 PM.

http://www.dealextreme.com/ has LED drivers that run at 1450ma. I got a pack of three for like 6bucks. I am using one to run my K2 and so far so good. But in all fairness the saber has only be 'alive' for a few days now.

With long thickwalled blades I highly recamend a mirror in the tip, hell I suggest every blade should have a mirror in the tip, way more effective IMO that reflective tape or any sort.

This is a 33" thick walled TCSS blade with 3 foot of ultra film inside the stock diffuser tube, mirror tipted, LuxIII cyan bin 2 that IRL is more greenish than the bin 1 blue that is so saught after and is driven at 1a on a corbin driver with a 4.8V2600mah battery pack.

Image taken in total darkness
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

If the resistor is wrong for the setup, why is the store selling it that way as part of a kit?

Isn't 4 AAA = 6v (4x1.5v....the side of the battery says 1.5v)??

Also, the blade was pre-assembled...does it have the mirrored tip? (I bought directly from the store as a complete blade)

Hasid - looks great.

Arm On Fire - thx...i'll try that when my BP (x2) come in.

Would mylar work on the inside of the diffuser that's in the blade by default and if so, would it be of any benefit?

Yes it is 6V..Really, my bad. For some reason I was thinking 1.2V each..Wait (AAA and AA rechageables are only 1.2 volts. AAA and AA non rechargeables are 1.5 volts) So I guess it depends on which type your using. As far as the mirrored tip there are 2 types. A real mirror and then the small aluminum tape type stick-on that sticks to the bottom of the tip.
    Last edited by Dark Navel; 05-13-2008 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Navel View Post
    Yes it is 6V..Really, my bad. For some reason I was thinking 1.2V each..Wait (AAA and AA rechageables are only 1.2 volts. AAA and AA non rechargeables are 1.5 volts) So I guess it depends on which type your using. As far as the mirrored tip there are 2 types. A real mirror and then the small aluminum tape type stick-on that sticks to the bottom of the tip.
    Ahh...gotcha...makes sense. If i could get the original tip off, i could probably find a mirror piece to fit it. We'll see when the 2 buckpucks get here if that'll help...i'll be posting new pics