Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Second MHS and Hardware Saber

That's almost what it sounds like, but I can't figure out why it would do that. I have it wired up exactly like the Vader tutorial shows.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Not suggesting anything on your part, but you may want to check the tutorial again and your wiring incase something is messed up, come loose, or if by chance you did accidently put something in the wrong place. Just to be on the safe side.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

jay gon, it might be how you have the clash sensor set in the hilt. on MRs, they "barrel" on it is horizontal in the hilt, while on yours it appears to be vertical. i'm not sure if that's the reason, but it's worth a shot
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Wait... didn't the qui-gon have the clash sensor on the board? I have that exact sensor and I'm not sure it's the clash... let me check my bag of fried boards to see.

EDIT: I don't see my Qui board in the bag... may have been thrown out. I seem to remember the black one on the board so maybe I'm just imagining things.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

This is the board:

The big black thing on the front near the led leads is the clash sensor from the Qui-gon saber. It's located length wise in the hilt, pointing toward the emitter. As I said, it's wired exactly like in the Vader tutorial. I've tried reversing the wires on it, with no improvement, so I don't think it's wired backwards or anything like that. I may have to try soldering the wires to a different part of the sensor where it was soldered to the Hasbro board. I soldered directly to what looked like the solder point for the internal part on the sensors pcb. I may see if I can get a pic to show this better. It's also possible that this sensor is a different type than the spring and metal cylinder that these came with...I wonder if it's a ball-bearing type....the Qui-gon it came from only had a clash sound effect, with no motion activated swing sounds like on the newer versions.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

This is the Hasbro Qui-gon board that I took the clash sensor from:

I took this pic when I replaced that Hasbro board in my custom saber with a Vader MR.

Here is the same board now:

Here's how I soldered the sensor:

A shot of the back of the sensor:

I havent the foggyest idea.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Me either but never the less that is an Awesome Parts Hilt and it sure is loud, also I have used the plastic rings on my first EL's and if you paint them be prepared to constantly touch them up, because it will chip, even with using Plastic Primer, Paint and a Clear Coat.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Geforce, I'll keep that in mind!

I wanted to be sure I actually had the clash sensor, so I took it off the board:

And popped the black cover off:

Definitely a clash sensor....