Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Second MHS and Hardware Saber

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I believe he used double sided tape to hold on the speaker. I've done it a few times and I love the exterior strength variety of the stuff.

Something I haven't seen that would be a variation what you've done would be to sand the tube. Then you can get an alternating polished vs. sanded look.

Another idea: Use the foam but cut it in LONG strips. Cut it at a 45 degree angle at one end then spiral it around the area. Repeat and cover the whole bottom. I did this once and it was satisfying, different and I haven't had to replace it. The problem with the foam is the edges getting rubbed against so that spiral all around helps it last.

If I had to vote though on what you've previously done... I'd go for the scoring of lines.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Okay, I like the ideas so far! I did have the speaker mounted to the back of the battery pack, but the pull wire I installed (to allow me to pull the battery pack back out, it's a tight fit!), wouldn't let the speaker sit flush, so I removed the speaker and the tape. I hot glued the speaker to a 3/4" pvc coupler that I cut in half, and created a resonator. I packed some window-seal foam around it and in fron of it to hold it in place, and hide the white pvc. Pics of that coming shortly!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I decided to put a few scoring lines on it:

A couple on the emitter shroud:

I had one of these that didn't meet up when I was done...

Around the switch:

Same thing happened here...one didn't quite match up...

And a couple on the end:

I may still make some neoprene grips to try out and If I don't like it, I'll take them off and put more lines on it.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I like the scoring the best jay gon. grips just don't seem like they would "fit" on that saber.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

very cool, man!!

BLUE 3- Ready

Vortex, here's what I did to the speaker:

The speaker is hot glued to the pvc coupler...it fits right into the end of the coupler because there is a step on the inside of the coupler.

I just stuffed a bit of foam in around it to keep it from rattling:

It fits in there like so:

And to keep it from being seen through the strainer, I added a larger piece:

cool.

BLUE 3- Ready

Yeah, it's cool! This is probably the loudest one of my collection!

Here's a short vid of the issue with the Hasbro clash sensor:

It's not the best quality because I had to use the old digital camera, my new one's battery was re-charging, but you get the idea...it registers a clash when you move the saber, not on an impact...I think it's too sensitive or something.

sounds like the clash and swings are backwards

BLUE 3- Ready