Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New idea for blade diffusion?

That's just the nature of that setting. All blades do not look lit in that setting. What I was pointing out was the even-ness of the color(not the brightness as it's portrayed in the pic, cuz believe me, in real life, it's there).

It's just the most accurate pic in demonstrating the even-ness of the blade. The overexposed ones should indicate how bright they are, and if you look close on any of them, you'll notice no indication of the walls of the blade.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Phil, I need to order from mcmasters soon so I'll get you pics of my nylon blade soon. If you like it I'll just send it along.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Sounds good. Aren't nylon blades what Hyperdyne uses? I'm pretty sure this isn't the 1st I've heard of them...

Yes, Hyperdyne uses nylon dual-tube blades. I have one, but not installed it yet.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

I must be seeing different pics to you then as just looking at the ones you have posted show that the middle set (ultra according to your description) is more evenly lit. You say your pics are true to life well its plain to see.
    Phil Higgins

Quote Originally Posted by neophyl
    I must be seeing different pics to you then as just looking at the ones you have posted show that the middle set (ultra according to your description) is more evenly lit. You say your pics are true to life well its plain to see.
    You're putting words in my mouth. I never said the pics are true to life. Anyone who has ever seen a blade knows these are not true to life.

I said the day setting with flash shows more even-ness than the Ultra and it does in those pics, and it is much more even and brighter than the Ultra in person. Here are some more, all taken at the same time. the Ultra pics I showed yesterday were pics I had taken awhile back, but at the settings I needed, but I was lazy and didn't want to take new pics, but here are some more anyway, all taken just now, all at the same settings from same angle and distance.

With flash, Ultra on left, experiment on right:

Without flash, Ultra left, experiment right:

Less base flair on my blade and the even-ness is probably the best I've seen. Also, since the whole blade lights up, there is a larger diameter, so more space to disperse light.

I dont see the blade wall on yours. Tell me hows the outer blade glow on your project blade there?
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    I dont see the blade wall on yours. Tell me hows the outer blade glow on your project blade there?
    read the first post?

One thing is for certain... on thin-walled blades vs. thick-walled blades of the same diffusion type... the thin-walled will indeed capture more light.

Just to be certain--I would like to know if we're comparing thin-walled to thick-walled here.

Although--I'm all for testing and experiments, and I agree that "frosting" and/or sanding a blade can improve overall evenness. In fact, sometimes it helps for the blades to "catch" inside of slide off one another!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    Just to be certain--I would like to know if we're comparing thin-walled to thick-walled here.
    Quote Originally Posted by killphil
    I have been testing some various ways to diffuse blades based on some info I have gleaned from others on these sites and decided to try a combo of a couple different methods.

OK, 1st off, I'm using a stock 1/16 MR blade with a thinwalled Ultra blade tip on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by killphil
    I took some pics of all 3 of my blade styles(Corbin quad wrap in thickwall, Ultra's film in thickwall, and my experiment in the MR blade with Ultra's thinwall tip and 2 ft of Ultra's film)