Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Loose blade

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Makes me wonder if he didn't use blade retention screws with his EL sabers. You'd think he'd know what they were, wouldn't you?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

[quote="Jedi-Loreen"]Makes me wonder if he didn't use blade retention screws with his EL sabers. You'd think he'd know what they were, wouldn't you? [/quote
    Ok smarty, I used screws in all of my EL's (primarily because the holes are pre-drilled in the EL blade holders and because thats what the tutorials said to do)...Even if I didn't, the audio plug serves to hold the blade in (a bit). While I have no issue drilling and tapping my own hole, again I didn't want to start cutting, drilling or otherwise altering a purchased product without knowing whether or not I've missed an easy step somewhere or perhaps have a defective item.
    Now, based on what I've read so far, it sounds like I should either build up the wall with some tape or go ahead and drill/tap my own screw to hold the blade.....Again, not a big deal but a little surprising since all of other things I've gotten here have been ready to play out of the box (more or less).
    Cheers
    Doorayme Fasolatido - Jedi extraordinare

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

alot of times people like to line up the set screw with the switches, so with that, unless you ask and pay for it, it won't be done. use the set/thumbscrew and you will be good.

BLUE 3- Ready

I didn't say I don't use them at all. I'll be using them on my next few sabers. Not my 1st though.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

DUDE, you HAVE to use a thumbscrew to hold the blade if you plan on doing anything more than it sittin on a display rack.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

I didn't say I don't use screws in my blades and I've never built el before. I simply mean I don't plan on letting my 1st saber blade be removable.

Gold 2 standing by.

I'm just curious, are you doing a luxeon or are you talking about a stock MR?

All luxeons have removeable blades. Unless some one bonded the blade to the holder, but I've never heard of that before.

I can't really think of one benefit for not having the blade removeable.

Yeah. a non removable blade'd saber is kinda annoying.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I plan on doing a custom LED. As far as the removable vs non removable goes I'll find a way to make it work. It'll work for what I want.

Gold 2 standing by.

Fair enough.

I still find it weird though with a non-removable blade, but hey! Each to their own....
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?