Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Loose blade

Default Loose blade

Hey gang,
    building my first LED saber after making a half dozen EL sabers... I have a "Corbin Battle Blade" from here and blade holder style 1. I find that the blade fits quite loosely in the holder and am concerned that it will fly out if I move the finished product around. I see there is no set screw or anything to hold the blade in. Did I just get an incorrectly bored blade holder or is there another trick to ensuring that the blade is nice and snug inside the holder? Obviously I can think of random things like tape, glue, etc, but don't think I should have to jury-rig something like that..
    Thanks
    Doorayme Fasolatido - Jedi extraordinare

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

All the blades have some variance to them. Even sometimes the blade holders are different, it doesn't take much to be loose or tight.

Don't worry about tape... it's what all of us use. Between a screw and tape it will be fine.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Default Re: Loose blade

Quote Originally Posted by mikenmel
    I see there is no set screw or anything to hold the blade in.
    Thanks
    your gonna need a set/thumbscrew no matter how big/small your blade/holder is.

BLUE 3- Ready

If you want a removable blade you may want to ask novastar or look for some of his posts. If I remember right him or someone else here has removable blades that work really good. I want to think nova has some but not for sure. Anyway he's someone I thought up off the top of my head.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldsaberwarrior
    If you want a removable blade you may want to ask novastar or look for some of his posts. If I remember right him or someone else here has removable blades that work really good. I want to think nova has some but not for sure. Anyway he's someone I thought up off the top of my head.
    Dude... every one is using removable blades. Heck, I'd have to find someone who doesn't use them.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

You just did x. I'm not going to use one until I get to the double blades.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You are in a small minority then (Heck, you're the first I've met that does that). There is hardly a reason at all to not make them removable. Other than safety there no benefits to a non-removable blade... only detractions.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

You don't use removable blades???!!!!!??????!!!!!!!
    How do you hang it onyour belt? Next you'll be saying you don't even have a belt clip!!!!
    How strange...........

I have Erv's, Tims, Dons & Corbins Blades.
    Dons seems to slip slightly inside a MHS, but it's the only thin walled blade I have.
    I just tighten the screw & it's all good, but since I only use it in the saber he built, it's doesn't really matter!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

If I am understanding you correctly, you are not using a set screw at all. LED blade REQUIRE a set screw to hold them in place. TCSS blade holder do not come with this predrilled (unless you pay extra for it) nor do they come with the screw. This allows maximum customization. So get a tap and drill set and a screw and your blade will be secure. Hope that helps.
    WHAT THE %*#& IS AN ALUMINIUM FALCON?!

I'm going to go with the majority of us here & ask the question:

HAVE you got a screw to hold it in place?
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?