Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Advice on Maul fx emitter to LE type conversion

Thought I would show how it turned out. I bought a MR Maul conversion kit and some acrylic crystals and using the MR Darth Maul instructions in the MR to luxeon 3w conversions section I removed all the guts and blade. Luckily the aluminum tube from the conversion kit has a sort of lip inside about 1/3rd of the way in on the threaded end so I put the red crystal in the threaded end which just fit and screwed in the copper end piece until it was snug and put the tube in the hilt, it was a little tight but went in and fit perfectly. Being in there tight meant I didn't have to use any of the guts to keep it in place and I was able to sell the guts and blade. I am very happy with how it turned out although I found out air brushes are pretty expensive so I wasn't able to create any scorching on the end and don't want to make a mess trying spray paint.

I also went to rebelscum.com and found a MR Obi-Wan ANH lightsaber case in new condition which holds the Darth Maul hilt very well.

Below are a few pix. The pix aren't great, the saber and case are in perfect condition. Thank you to everyone who helped, I appreciate it.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

looks very cool man, glad I could help out

BLUE 3- Ready

That looks great! Good job. Was it easy? I am planning on doing that to mine but i am only 13 and don't wont to ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi1789
    That looks great! Good job. Was it easy? I am planning on doing that to mine but i am only 13 and don't wont to ruin it.
    If you're just wanting to make a hilt and not something functional then it is easy, just as I described. The only thing is without the guts the red button next to the emitter has nothing to screw into, right now mine is just sitting in it but I plan on getting a small piece of plastic tubing and just puting that inside and screwing the red button into it, should be easy. You take out a black tube which I might have been able to use but I threw it out and couldn't find it afterwards. If you're careful you could probably use some epoxy but I'm not going to risk getting that all over. There's a pin that goes all the way through right behind the emitter that you remove to get the guts out, the conversion kit covers half that hole inside so you can't replace the pin but the hole is small and you can't see insided so it looks fine. It's all pretty easy and I was very pleased with mine and if you find someone here who wants the guts and blade you'll make your money back that you spent on the kit.