Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advice on Maul fx emitter to LE type conversion

Default Advice on Maul fx emitter to LE type conversion

I have a Darth Maul fx that I'm thinking of turning into a battle damage display piece like the LE version but I don't know what to put in the emitter after I remove the blade, anyone have any ideas? In the Custom Saber Shop I saw a Maul Conversion Kit and a red acrylic crystal, could they maybe be put together in the fx hilt? I've never taken an fx apart so any suggestions or instructions will be greatly appreciated.

Seeing the emitter in TPM makes me think this will be pretty accurate, I know both Darth Maul MR lightsabers have a small hole about 1/3" deep that I think is really inaccurate.

Thanks.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Your idea for the crystal would work. check in the MRFX Conversion section of the forums for a disassembly tutorial on the Maul.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul
    Your idea for the crystal would work. check in the MRFX Conversion section of the forums for a disassembly tutorial on the Maul.
    Where is the disassembly tutorial, I can't find it?

So would the Maul conversion kit work in the hilt? Does the crystal fit in the kit?

Thanks.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

the conversion kit is so you can install a luxeon led. and have a removeable blade for dueling.

BLUE 3- Ready

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist
    the conversion kit is so you can install a luxeon led. and have a removeable blade for dueling.
    I don't know what the Darth Maul lightsaber will be like when I remove the blade, there might be a big hole with electronics or whatever so I thought I could maybe put the conversion kit in so the emitter looks good and maybe put a red crystal in it. Does anyone know what it looks like without the blade? Will I be able to just stick a crystal in it and call the emitter done?

ya, then send mr the soundboard from it.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Did you mean "send 'me' the sound board from it"? I know you were probably kidding, but this is a case where your spelling really does count.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

darn i did flub that up didn't I ya just send it to ME.

BLUE 3- Ready

For appearance purposes would the Maul conversion kit work? I could epoxy the red crystal into the blade/led holder if I have to. There's not as many pix in the Maul conversion tutorial as the Vader tutorial, will the Maul look like the Vader emitter because I think it looks pretty good? I don't plan on keeping any electronics in it right now so it shouldn't be too hard.....hopefully. Thanks.

well, it might. not sure if the crystal would fit in the holder though.

BLUE 3- Ready