Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My saber design Concept

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

the flat sinktube pieces my bro cut seemed to twist a bit.

BLUE 3- Ready

I dislike that usage of sink tube for a simple reason - its too thin. You cut yourself when dueling. My first saber has such a shroud, I am thinking about changing it to a plastic version for less injuries.

and I do agree with Loreen, the sides will lift if only bolted in the middle. Maybe not instantly, but it will.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

Thanks for the 3d render. Looks really cool.

As for what the shrouds are made of, There has to be something that will do what I want and not warp. Its the look I want, my style. there has to be something.

Any suggestions would be great. Im alittle bummed now

I wouldent use a sinktube for a shroud of anykind, I wuold have tim make something to be thicker than a sinktube but not to thick to make it look huge.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Sinktube for a shroud isn't dangerous if you take your time filing down the edges, but I admit it was a bit sharp to start with. I spent a good hour with my files working the edges before I had something that I could use comfortably. Now that I think about it though I realize that it may not be good for Braxus' design since he has 90 degree angles on his shroud. Thanks for the tip about the warping too, I'll keep that in mind. Mars, where did you find your plastic for the shrouds? At my hardware store the PVC doesn't come in a size that fits snugly with the MHS parts.

You know them plastic racks that most folks have for whatever they use them for.

Well we got 2 both different brands and the tubes they have for the shelfs. they fit very snug on the mhs.

I tryed it on mine a while back and I had some ideas for it but I forgone that idea.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

ok,

after looking through the Wish list Thread here. I found a few pics of a new neck piece Corbin and Tim are working on. Well, Ive decided that when this new piece is released im going to use it on my first saber.

Here is a new pic of my Variant Four Concept: Final Design. I decided to use only one LED Indicator light, Erv's Sound Board, Rechargeable Batt W/ Recharge port, QuickChange LED setup with Green LED (Change it to red when I feel a touch of the Darkside) Im going to use Pummel Style 4, Hilt Piece Style 4, and Blade Holder Style 3. Using the neck piece shortens the hilt a bit and I like having the neck piece there for spinning and such. Let me know what you think.

Liking it.
    But that does mean you gotta wait for that neck piece. Has Tim set a release date yet?
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

like it i do, yes. fun for spinning it will be.

As for the tips on the emitter, not sure if you've got any thing yet, but
    you could try PVC (I use it a lot), and paint it either silver, or black.

Just a thought

yea, ill have to wait. i was kinda hoping that They could whip me up something special for that but i guess not. no release date yet that i could find, but i hope its not too far off.

As for the emiiter guards I was going to ask tim to make me something thick out of aluminum. Ill have to talk to him but all this depends on when that neck piece comes out.