Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: whats wrong with my led?!

12Volts is way to much.

I would stick as close to 7.2V, 8 V would be nice.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

yeah i wondered that too. i got several 8.4 V rechargeable packs for my 2 AK47's airsofts. i think they would fit in a MHS, but im not sure till i take one over to my friend who has a MHS hilt.

i have a couple different MAH's on them, a 1200, a 1100, and think a bigger one, will have to see.

so would they run a LV direct drive with resistor if they fit in the hilts?

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

well, i need something that works...im going to have to run 9v's until i can get a battery pack...how long is the AAA 7.2v battery pack? that mini battery pack looks small...is 8.4v too much?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you're going to resistor drive it then 7.2V or 8.4V would be fine. It's just we caution at 12V because in a resistor setup a lot of that extra voltage would simply get wasted. If you get a driver... then it's no big deal.

For the size questions... the AAA recharge packs are about 4.5" long.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

ok one more question.....i promise.

i looked at the wiring diagram and i saw that wires from the battery pack go the the power jack.... what wires though...the battery pack uses a clamp thingy...whats everything i need to get a recharge setup? what size drill bit would i need to get that power jack attached to my saber? sorry for asking so many questions, i just want to be sure i can fit this all in my saber.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You need a port, the jack and your pack. If you don't have it the charger is needed too. Tim is selling a nice combo with the jack being "plug-n-play".

I think the port uses a 1/4" hole...
    RED LEADER Standing by!

so i CAN use one of my 8.4V airsoft batt packs with a direct drive, with resistor setup? thats great, i have a few of those batt packs already in a couple different Mah sizes. of course i have to clip off the plug, and wire the recharge jack for them.

but that would save me some money, since i have several 8.4V packs already.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

I've got a smart charger like the one's tim sell. You'll have to tell me if it fits lan ed tul. This will perk you interests just recently on the website I order most of my stuff from they put on a 4600 mah battery that's 8.4 volts. That would probably fry the LED and possibly the board but they have one. They even have some 3600s and other voltage and mahs. Not trying to take business from tim, quite the contrary, just suggesting parts that would work good with the ones he sells here. By the way xwing, if the packs fit the mhs can you give me a link or pm me some wiring diagrams?
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Pretty much everything you need is buried in this forum already. There is a really great recharge thread stickied in a forum here.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

got a link I'm lazy.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.