Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: end cap

Default end cap

Will the end cap fit onto a MHS extension or does it only fit on sink tubes?
    The Sith must remain as thus, hidden, unseen and unheard of... we must remain like a shadow in the dark.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Why would you want to do that? It might look weird, unless your hilt was highly polished.

I just tried it on mine with a 1 3/8" that I had, and it wouldn't fit as-is, it's too big. The end cap, that is. You'd have to bend the prongs in so far that it probably wouldn't hold very well, and might not sit flush. The 1 1/8" would be too small.

It might work with a 1 1/4", but you'd have to go get one at a hardware store, since this store doesn't carry them.

Again, why would you want to use one of those?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Maybe he's a (cheap-skate) or is looking to shave a few dollars off where-ever he can.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

He's only been on here since 7-7-07. He's new and may not know as much about saber building as some of the oldbies. I've been here for a year and a half and I still ask noobish questions every so often. Partly because I have yet to make my first saber. Still I agree with ranger and loreen why would you and to do that? Just use a pommel if you and to make an mhs saber.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Well I figured that it may look good but then I realized the pommel also has to act as the counter weight to the blade.... And yeah, I work at a **** hole that pays **** so I was looking to save some cash but true, it won't look that nice.
    The Sith must remain as thus, hidden, unseen and unheard of... we must remain like a shadow in the dark.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

i appreciate your candor and I work in a place that pays hardly nothing for the work we do, but you should watch the typing of that kind of language as we have some younger people that fluent this board.

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ooops... wonder why that wasn't in the filter. I hope the replacement word is amusing to others. I think it enlightens the read.

NOTE: no editting occured. You type the offending word and that's what the filter will switch it to. :P
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

haha, nice

BLUE 3- Ready

my bad.......

Be nice, or I will spank you. I WILL SPANK YOU LIKE A BAD BAD DONKEY, OKAYY!!!???!!!!

Hehehe! Gotta love those Muppets!

Any way......

Some of us try & save money where we can on these sabers, but seriously, Tim's pommels are the best thing for the MHS unless you have the skills MC, Do-Clo & the others of such Caliber have with a lathe.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?