Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: T-shirt design contest!!

Blog Entries

Yeah, i checked out the Patent and Trademark office as you said. I've gone there often looking up patents, first time I used it for trademarks, very useful. I could not find a definition for padawan there too. So you are right, no trademark. I found Yoda in there, that was cool. []

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

http://www.geocities.com/projectstm/lightsaber.html

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by desertscorpion

but it offers more than just some splashy art or some tribal graphics crap.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I hope that wasn't supposed to be a subtle jab at my designs...

If you were indeed calling my designs 'crap', you can just stick it in your ear. [}]

This contest is supposed to be fun, so let's all deflate our egos and go back to designing, please.

:edit: I wrote this before you edited your post, devilstar, so I too will edit mine. I do not wish to start a flame war. Such anger leads to the dark side.[]

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Let's keep this to entries only, please. I've had enough flames lately...[xx(]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

I'm simply stating my opinion about his comment... Thats IF it was even aimed me (which I do think that it was). Nobody likes to hear offhand veiled comments about their work, especially when its something that they were doing as a courtesy for someone else.

Did you see me (or anyone else) making any negative comments? No.

If he wants to bring something negative to the thread, thats fine, but don't expect me (or anyone else) to sit back and take it. I'm certainly entitled to defend my work (as is anyone thats targeted with a stupid comment).

Thats all that I'll say on the subject, for now. But yes, you guys are right... Lets get back to designing some cool shirts.

EDIT-

BTW, I tweaked my designs a little bit on the first page. Just refresh your browser if you want to see them.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GrimaOllak

:edit: I wrote this before you edited your post, devilstar, so I too will edit mine. I do not wish to start a flame war. Such anger leads to the dark side.[]

I think you were writing, as I was editing... Either way, its all good. []

*cups of Jawa juice all around*

Now, for my own submission...

Front: Small logo on left breast
    Back: "Your skills are now complete."

I think lots of graphics all over the shirts may clutter it up, not to mention it'd be much more expensive for Tim to have them screen printed in 4-color.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GrimaOllak

not to mention it'd be much more expensive for Tim to have them screen printed in 4-color.

Yeah, thats why I was trying to keep my design limited to a small box on the front, and plain white lettering on the back.

Should we maybe keep the designs limited to one color (black/white)?

Tim...?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I will be doing the logo in full color. 4-6 colors sounds about right.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Definitely no jab at all. Yours looks great. All of them look great. And, a couple of them are hilarious. But, xwingband's stood out. And, you must admit, that things go in cycles. Language, fashion, music genres, etc. And the tribal thing is almost a dead horse, imho, and if not, at least it isn't anything new or surprising. What would surprise me would be of someone would start using some different tribal art that looks like Tibetan sanscrit, native american picture writing, heiroglyphics, runes, dragon tooh, celtic, or something else other than the "thorny vines" thing. And I don't even know what tribal affiliation thorny vines has. I'm sick of it. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Devilstar2k2

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by desertscorpion

but it offers more than just some splashy art or some tribal graphics crap.

I hope that wasn't supposed to be a subtle jab at my designs...

If you were indeed calling my designs 'crap', you can just stick it in your ear. [}]