Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: White 5 watt Luweon

Default White 5 watt Luweon

I have read posts where people have talked about using a 5 watt white Luxeon. Where are these purchased from? I have checked out TCSS and also www.luxeonstar.com but I don't see them listed. Am I missing something?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Are you sure it was a white Lux V, and not a K2?

And, could you please resize your top sig pic? Both of your pics take up my whole screen and it's annoying.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Sorry about the sig, I hope tha's better. Yes it was a 5 watt, this was one of many references to a white 5 watt:

Welcome back MC hope the move went well.

I like my 3w mace with the filters just fine. But my 5w white with the filter kicks the 3w and the k2's butt up one side and down the other. If I do another mace I will gut it and redo the whole thing to get the sound and a 5w in there.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...r=asc&start=15

As I said, this was one of many I have read. Is there an actual 5 watt white Lux produced?

Its under a different name. called a portable
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Thanks! I just found it on www.luxeonstar.com. So this is the brightest white LED then? What I want to accomplish is to replace the 3 watt white Lux in my converted Mace with whatever LED is brightest. I do know I can simply replace the Lux 3 with a white K2 and it will be brighter. To fully utilize the K2 I can also wire in a 5 watt relay which was the route I was going to go until I saw the discussion on 5 watt whites. I don't know if it would even be possible to use a 5 watt in a Mace or not though. I just want a very bright purple, awesome looking Mace. I do have the Lee Filter Swatch Book and am using the Rose Purple 048.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The Lux V is not the brightest white available. The K2 is actually rated as well.

For white the Cree XR-E and Seoul P4, etc (all use same die) are a great option. They will put out 240 lumens at 1000mA. So even run lower they should output a lot of lumens.

I have a P4 on order that I plan on putting in my conversion that has a K2. I'll post some comparisons.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

So then the best way to go would be with a Cree XR-E or Seoul P4 then? I ran a search for it and I saw Fenix Store ( http://fenix-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=140 ) selling the XR-E for $70. If I was to get on of those would I be able to use it in my Mace saber? I know with a K2 I can but until now I have never heard of the Cree XR-E and Seoul P4.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You haven't heard much because usually we ignore the flashlight people. They don't care much about colors and all that non-sense... they just like bright whites.

So in this case though we can go along with them.

That link is for a complete flashlight upgrade and not what we need. Here's what we need:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1445
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2394
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2134

I'm sure you can run a search too to find lots of places. I ordered mine at led-tech.de because I was getting my rebel stuff from them.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

yeah the flashlight folks are a strange bunch.

Look on youtube for the guy setting fire to paper.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    yeah the flashlight folks are a strange bunch.

Look on youtube for the guy setting fire to paper.
    He's using an incandescent for that though.

I just got my Seoul P4 in the mail. So maybe this weekend I can switch it and let people know any difference. It came with my Rebel PCB's so I may get sidetracked though.
    RED LEADER Standing by!