View Poll Results: Any good?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay. I own one /have heard good things

3 27.27%
  • Nay. Don't touch them at all

8 72.73%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anybody vouch for this guy's workmanship?

Find a good toy model to start your base off of. Next, take a trip to the hardware store and go browsing for parts that might look good on you rifle. Once you have a large variety of parts, pick up some 2 part epoxy. Not epoxy glue, epoxy. This is important for filling and putting the parts of you rifle. Anouther good thing to get is pvc piping, It can really make a good blaster. You can also do it completly from scratch using parts you hav efrom the hardware store, but it will take more time.

Here is a good reference for making a stromtrooper blaster, if you browse thru this you may get some ideas.http://www.imperial-fleet.com/bbcfor...opic.php?t=104

Hope my advice helped
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

Thanx Ti-el!

Been looking quickly in Hardware stores, but I really want a good blaster to use as a base. Will definitely remember to use the right Epoxy!
    Cheers!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Barmic,

Yeah Valcar was with me at CE
    Here's a link to his pics of the event.

Pic shows more of his Imp, and our Mando's etc
    http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/b...Europe%202007/

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

did you get it (one) yet barmic? pics?

BLUE 3- Ready

I'm still waiting for it to arrive! Talk about crud postal service!

The guy even Emailed me last nite asking me to leave feedback! I told him I would as soon as it arrives!
    Still waiting for my Jango lid too! That's only coming from the otherside of london! GGGRRRRR!!!!!

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:

thers also nerf guns or laser tag guns
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Well, one project at a time...

I want to do the KOTOR saber when it arrives, plus I won a Parks Graflex, so I want to Lux that up & do it as ESB (ANH/ROTS mix ATM).
    Plus I still have afew sabers people want me to do for them.

Just waiting for these two to arrive then i'll be doing a bulk from Tim for everything i'll need for them & at least 3 other sabers.

THEN i'll start working on my Mando & accesories for it.
    (If this Lid ever arrives!)

Sorry to bring back an old topic but did you ever get your hilt from the guy?

STAY AWAY FROM TATOOSBY!
    He may have had a good reputation with this thread, but if you look at some of the threads about him on FX-Sabers you will see he is one not to do business with without risk.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Master

He may currently have a good rep on eBay, but that wont last long. First off, his eBay presence comes at the expense of the 100+ people he scammed out of their Starkiller hilts (people who paid and never received their sabers). Also, he was ConceptProps on eBay before he was Tatoosby5 and had to change his name because of bad feedback, similar to SaberForge and his 6 name changes. He is also known as MachinedFX.

The sabers themselves are for looks only, most of his hilts are held togther with hotglue and built of layers of thin tubing hotglued together. He uses LUX I's for lighting, doesn't properly heatsink anything, and uses lamp/speaker wire with electrical tape for electronics installs.

Price isn't everything, and in this hobby you definitely get what you pay for, if you get it at all.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS