Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for a new hilt.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corbin_Das
    Hi guys (and gals)

I'd have to really work at having no exposed power switch, but I suspect something could be hidden somehow. Corbin
    I remember madcow had a cool way of hiding his power switch on one of his sabers. He used a collar type thing and you twisted it to turn it on. the switch is under the swiss army logo.

here's a link to that saber.
    http://www.freewebs.com/genesis_sabers/whatsnew.htm

BLUE 3- Ready

I can see the hilt being about 18" long whether it's single or dual.

Picture it now people:
    Joe & his CLAYMORE SABER!!!! NOW WITHOUT A FORK SHROUD!!!!! (hushed gasps from the crowd. "No fork? That's so unlike him!")

I love the way you have these plans that'll get the rest of us scratching our heads in confusion til next christmas!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin
    NOW WITHOUT A FORK SHROUD!!!!!

Now, let's not jump to conclusions!

I mean.....Me without a forked shroud is like.....I don't know......

A peanut butter and jelly sandwich without the OLIVES!

Just kidding. (I don't like olives)

The design might not have a forked shroud, or maybe it will. It might not even have a shroud at all. Perhaps claws or a more classic lathe turned piece will be chosen. Maybe I'll do some weird spiral-like helix of a shroud sorta like this:

I now that at one point, I was considering a dueling saber that looks sorta like THIS. I'm probably not going that route with my new saber though (famous last words):

I'm not sure if I'll use it, but I have a pair of custom MHS pommels that I've been saving for a special project. Maybe I could you one of them:

Like I said, I could pretty much go any direction with this thing. It's hard to say how it will end up.

Corbin

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I've had an irresistable urge to someday to see some dark chrome elements on a hilt. I have no ideas for a design, but you can take it if you please. I still want my copper/brass saber to come to fruition.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Dark chrome, huh?

I have an EL saber called an Intrepid by Guy Thomas that has chrome. I'm not sure if you'd call it "dark chrome" though:

Note the similarity of the pommel to the custom ones I posted above. See any inpiration there?

I DO have one design for a matched pair of sabers from a long time ago that I never did anything much with.
    It uses dark chrome elements. Maybe I'll build them someday.

Corbin

OMG that spiral shroud is killer!

I agree, the helix shroud would be an astounding show piece. I would be afraid to actually duel with it though, unless you were working with some high strengh steel that could take a beating or seventeen.

Toil awhile ... endure awhile ... believe always ... and never turn back.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

the curved saber with the spiral shroud would make one badass sith saber.

i too would be worried about the metal bending on the spiral when the blade flexes
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I meant using some parts that look like parts from the KP and the malak. I was suggesting the parts be similar to the parts from the two sabers. Color wasn't part of what I was suggesting. As far as what color you use and parts is up to you. I was trying to say you may want to use some aluminum parts for example that look like parts from the KP and a malak. Sorry I confused you.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

No problem GSW
    Here's a silver and black version of the KP:

I sorta like it, but I'm probably not going to do it. I might use the fluted grip section or something though. I'll have to get a pic
    of the Malik saber, since I don't know its design very well.

Corbin

P.S. I'm glad folks like the spiraled emitter shroud. I actually did that one for my girlfriend. She described what she wanted it
    to look like and I drew up something like what she described.