Thread: i need a very small switch!

Default i need a very small switch!

does anyone know where to get small switches? on my hilt, i'm putting a PLI and an accent led, but i want to be able to turn them off to save power. i had found a switch that could switch between two items, or neither, but it was too large. push button switches would work fine too.
    Never Examine Surprised Wombats!

[!!!!!!!!!(#==============

RAdio Shack has some really small pushbutton switches that might work.
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

thank you very much! i like that website. they have some really small switches, which is great, but i'm not sure how to mount them. take this one for example. how would i mount it? maybe super glue? but that's kinda permanent.

I think erv uses switches like that.

I could be wrong thou.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I downloaded the catalog and began looking through the site, and found that switch as well.

As for mounting, this was the first idea that popped into my head. If you had some PVC, you could hollow out an area with a hole in the middle to allow access to the switch, possibly bevel the edges to make it a little easier to get your finger on the switch. I think the switch is thin enough it could sit in the cleared area.

Either that or get mount it on a sink tube with an overlay piece going over the top of it.

Toil awhile ... endure awhile ... believe always ... and never turn back.

you could hold that switch in place with a sufficiently long screw on the opposite side of the hilt, it would likely balance things out nicely with a button on one side and a button head screw on the other... just a thought
    FSM What's on your belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    I think erv uses switches like that.

I could be wrong thou.
    I beleive he does,on this saber at least. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...r=asc&start=90

Scroll down to the telum infensus saber and see the switch pic.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

ok, thanks for the help everyone. but...i think i found one i want to use. it's a little larger, but it can turn on either my PLI, my accent led, or neither. i think it'll work.