Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: brass piping anywhere?

Default brass piping anywhere?

i'm running into some trouble trying to find some gold colored piping that will slide over my mhs parts. i dont really know why but the guy at home depot acted like i was retarded when i asked if they carry any brass pipes. i only need like 4 inches or so and i can't seem to find it anywhere. does anyone know where i can get my hands on some?

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

it's like a 4 leaf clover. lol I ended up sanding the chrome of a sink tube to get the brass. worked pretty good though.

BLUE 3- Ready

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist
    I ended up sanding the chrome of a sink tube to get the brass.
    sheesh... sounds like a pain. after looking online for like 3 hours i found this place:

www.brassjack.com

they sell quite a bit of brass stuff... seems a little overpriced but i'd rather go that route than sand down the chrome and then worry about polishing and all that.

I'd check your local hardware stores or a Menard's if you have one near you. I found all kinds of brass plumbing pipe at mine.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeker
    sheesh... sounds like a pain.
    You'd think so, but not really. The chrome layer is thinner than a hair, so it comes off pretty easy, if you have a dremel. You have to protect the brass though, or else it will tarnish soon.

Red 6 Standing By

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

i used a 5 inch sanding disk and attached to my drill. worked pretty good.

BLUE 3- Ready

Yep worked awsome.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

my local home hardware used to carry those pipes without the chrome. Right now they have chromed ones, but you might want to give a look every now and then. (I think can still have a 6-inch section in brass...)
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeker
    sheesh... sounds like a pain. after looking online for like 3 hours i found this place:

www.brassjack.com

they sell quite a bit of brass stuff... seems a little overpriced but i'd rather go that route than sand down the chrome and then worry about polishing and all that.
    Thanks for that link!!
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

I second JediRanger's thanks!
    Nice stuff there.........just saw how to possibly make a few of my designs become reality.
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.