Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy Cow. Tri-Rebel... ALREADY??!?!

Well its about time.now that the r g b k2s are on stars tim should be abel to drop the price on them too.

Never mind there the 700 mA versions

And the rebels just looks sweet man I cant wait. will make the tri lux easyer with the rebels now. just need optics.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

1 thing,oh my god!Holy cow!As nova said,Saaaannntaaaa Mariiiiaaaahhhh!!!!!
    Discuss! All we need are lenses right and we can start on hooking these bad boys into sabers?
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

Npt quite as simple as just throwing an optic on it and blazing a path to Jedi-dom. You still need a way to control the three seperate LEDs with individual dimming capability. It becomes even more difficult if you want to do it and have some effects such as blade shimmer, clash/lock-up, and power up and power down. Personally, I think they are a great product if they move up to the higher output Rebels when the become available and develop optics. I have seen to many times a very cool LED product hit the market and it take a year or so (or never at all) for optics to be developed. You have to think about the end use. I don't really think many people who would be interested in an RGB this small would be looking for spotlight throws. If an optic gets made, it will most likely be a flood optic. If they do come out with a spot optic, I for sure will be getting some.

Ace is... as usual... absolutely right!

But, as we are all seeing, there are many new innovations happening. For the record, Erik... I still think your Tri-Lux idea is going to be something people want to get...

BTW... BOP II full video is finally available!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

WOW look at those specs for the WHITE "7007-PWC-10-3"

540 LUMENS @ 700mah

HALLELUJAH!

With that kind of 'firepower' who needs RGB? - even with colour discs it would still be DARN bright eh?

And wouldnt that be simpler too - no need for separate dimmers/pots?

About "optics" if they are making these as tri-led stars surely they intend to make optics available for them soon or what would be the point?

Also note the name: ENDOR - almost as if someone has saber makers in mind eh?

Oh my... I had missed these altogether...

The in-laws wrote me a $100 check for my birthday yesterday. Looks like I know where it's going...

Ace, if you read this, this is almost verbatim what I was thinking of in previous correspondence...

And did anyone else notice that they're calling these the "Endor Moon"?

"7007-RGB-01-3 Endor Moon - Red/Green/Blue"

But I wonder,would the make the tri rebel in three of the same colors?I dont think they could make an optic for just one rebel on the star since in the pic it was off to the side,could they?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by DACOTA
    But I wonder,would the make the tri rebel in three of the same colors?I dont think they could make an optic for just one rebel on the star since in the pic it was off to the side,could they?
    Because, it would be brighter with 3 LEDs of the same color. :P
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Someone email and ask. Or conversely, see if we can get ahold of the star blanks, and reflow solder our own. (E-Z Bake Oven method) That'd be the best thing to do. Then we could make our own color combos (orange/yellow/red, blue/royal blue/green, etc.

Actually, if you look at the stars with single emitters on them, they leave two blank spts ready to fill with whatever color we want. That might actually work perfectly, if you use the white for clash and effect...

All we need now is some optics...

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen
    Quote Originally Posted by DACOTA
    Because, it would be brighter with 3 LEDs of the same color. :P
    That wasnt even an answer to my question.Obviously it would be brighter,what I was asking was, they wouldnt make and optic for just one rebel on the star.But I figured it out,you can just do the rgb style with 3 switches or you could do 3 of the same color,but there would only be one optic.Sorry I guess it was a brain fart earlier.