Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: is this a ok driver?

Dregan you also have to remember that the 1.5 amps mentioned is the leds absolute maximum ratings. For 'normal' use the blue/green colours are supposed to be run at 700ma which there is a driver for and the reds/orange at 1A which there is also a driver for.

Its only newer leds like the K2's that are really designed for the higher currents and there the manufacturer drivers are lagging behind a bit. Then a agin there are 3rd party drivers out there so Im sure its not that high a priority for them. Im sure eventually they will get around to it though.
    Phil Higgins

Dang, Neo is always full of some sweet wisdom! I never even thought of it that way...

I *ALWAYS* forget that it is "max continuous current". Thanks, Neo... oh, and... I haven't forgotten about that shipment I was going to make to you. I've just been a tad bit busy with BOP III, my upcoming school/fencing programs, a vacation in San Diego for myself and my gal (about a week + a cruise)... and drooling over CF v2.61... heheheh
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide