Thread: A driver question

Default A driver question

Well as it seems corbins driver is "out of date" but I dont think so I think it needs an upgrade.

I wonder if theres a possablility of a new led driver. one that can push a k2 to its limits. and have a blade flicker effect. possably sliming it up.

What would one have to do to get something like this done?

I love the idea of having a sound less saber but I want some blade effects. a simple on off dosent thrill me.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

i second that!

BLUE 3- Ready

I'll tell you that Corbin's driver is pretty cool for what it does, and the price. Granted, if you want ALL of the bells and whistles, I don't see how you'd get that from a single creator (i.e. not MR or some big company like Hasbro, etc.) without a hefty price tag.

Even Erv's "Luxeon Dimmer" is basically like Corbin's. Similar price as far as I can tell.

Corbin pioneered the driver efforts (as far as I know) when a lot of people were sitting around talking about making a driver... he decided to just get it DONE. However, as he might tell you, it was probably not some easy task.

I personally have a sound & light driver in mind that I think would be VERY cool, and given that I've spoken with many designers (protecting myself first of course)... it is not just a pipe-dream architecturally speaking. BUT... it's very very very costly, since the driver I'd want to see would cover a lot of bases. Sound, light, custom setups, etc.

Anyhow... I submit to you that if you wish to make a driver or "upgrade" one--consider the following:

1. Electronics experience?
    2. Parts needed.
    3. Go through a "big shot" PCB company?
    4. Cost per part.
    5. Retail "sell" cost.
    6. Troubleshooting, sales, shipping, taxes, legal stuff, etc.

It's quite an ordeal.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide