Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thin-Walled blades w/ Ultra/Gelu style film...

Glad to hear from you Alex. And congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (so to speak) on Ultrasound!! I'm very much looking forward to it.

I agree that deeper tips won't make a difference, in fact in might make it worse.

Flexion is the problem my friends. Physics will launch those tips into the darn atmosphere. Either we do what MR did (glue them to the diffuser), or go rubber/silicone/vinyl.

I am all for that, although I think some glues will be out of the question for it.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Gluing to the diffuser may work for plastic diffusers, but not for blade films. Silicon doesn't stick to polyC very well, but I'm sure there are some other clear rubbers out there that may. I'm sure with so many great minds researching this, that we're bound to find a solution.
    http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

ultra, i busted one of your blades the 2nd time i used it...but we were going pretty hard and it was a 1/16 wall vs corbin style 1/8 wall
    and it broke nicely at the top so i just belt sanded her down and re attached the tip...so no problem.
    just a bit shorter now, but thats fine and im using it on my mr mace wh9ich is not going to be duelled anyways cause the holder is so short.

and as a side note, im real impressed with the k2 white mr mace, very nice tim.

and btw, i noted earlier on another post.

the best way to deal with the tips flying off is chemicals that fuse the plastic together.

like:

resin bond
    and
    metholyne chloride

i metholyne chloride my tips on and have never had one fly off...only the complete corbin i bought from tim flew off eventually...

but seriously, meth is amazing, it makes the tip and the blade one fuzed piece.

Well Djbordie. thats not something you want to talk about online ya know. :P

J/K I knew what you ment...but others wont...
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    Well Djbordie. thats not something you want to talk about online ya know. :P

J/K I knew what you ment...but others wont...
    no i'm pretty sure everone will know what he meant... its called context

Jesus people cant make a joke.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics