Thread: Different rubber grips.

Default Different rubber grips.

I was wondering if people would mind telling what they use besides the traditional rubber grips, I've seen all sorts of types but I have no idea how I would go about getting some.

Super Bowl XLII Champs.

I have heard about people using mousepads. this stuff at radioshack they put on there cellphones so they dont slide of the dash of a car and out the window(Had that happen).

Umm people have use leather cord, and some thing that looks like leather but has a sticky backing on it.

Theres stuff in a spray can called plastidip comes in many colors and if you plan on using that maskoff what you want for a grip, spray the plastidip in a couple coats maybe 3 depending how light it comes out. then before its compleatly setup take the tape off. by peeling it off or using a small hobby knife.

Theres many options for grips. I know some of that soft leather. forget what its name is but you could use a highly stickey gluein a spray can and glue it to the hilt.

So good luck. the grips for lightsabers can be just about anything.

And no iwasent joakinga bout the mousepad thing.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I've been using a spray on solution that can be found at a hardware store. It's the kind of thing you'd see on stairs to make "non-slip" surfaces.

Works well for me, and prevents slippage, plus it does not really increase the OD of the saber--which is something I'm always trying to avoid...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

cool, thanks. I'm going to be going to Home Depot today to get some 1.25" sink tubes so that's perfect.

Super Bowl XLII Champs.

No problem. I realize it really isn't a "rubber grip", but I can safely say that it REALLY makes a difference on both sink tube and TCSS parts... and again, no real change in the hilt OD.

Ok, well only something microscopic, heheh

Just make sure to follow the directions. You'll want to do at least two coats, and do so OUTSIDE or in a highly ventilated area. Plus, at present I've no idea if the stuff will wear off within a short amount of time, or a long period.

So far, I've had no problems, but I only sprayed it on the Flange sabers when they were created, which is only--what--months ago??
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide