Thread: Inverter Hum

Default Inverter Hum

I got my package of fun today, writed up the goodies and switched it on. I tested it with just a 9v, worked fine. Then hooked up my 8 AAA, also worked fine, but I heared this wine coming from the inverter. Turned off the music, and yep, is there with the 9v, but very soft. So my question is, Is this normal? And what can I do to hush it up a bit? I know once its in the hilt it will be softer, and I am not sure if it would be safe to wrap it in like packing foam or anything. Ideas?

maybe wrap a piece of clothing material
    old socks... i would take the top of it and put the inverter around the elestic of the sock, and put electric tape around it.

- TorLinWaDur
    http://www.geocities.com/dbleswordfighter
    http://www.myspace.com/lintodur

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If you are going to run it above 9v then I wouldnt wrap it much or at all. And once you have it inside the hilt you will hardly notice the whine if at all.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Strydur

If you are going to run it above 9v then I wouldnt wrap it much or at all. And once you have it inside the hilt you will hardly notice the whine if at all.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

OK. I just wanted to make sure this was 'normal' I have some scrap grip material I might uses. Its just crafting foam, but that should work well.

I have a Parks EL saber, and it also posesses this light "hum" you speak of running at 9v, so I believe it is normal.

Folks please pay attention to the dates on the posts before you post.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics