Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Saber Building Hazards

LMAO.

I cant stop laughing......

Man Iam gonna have to look over my words a little more.

Man ok...

still cant stop laughing....

Ok I should be good now.....

LMAO.. it took me about 5 min to type this....Man I am gonna have to look over my words more often.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    Your nads are more important that your foot.

Oh, just slightly...

Got another good one that happened to me. I collect swords and have mishaps with them every so often. Anyway I was cleaning my scotish claymore sword that has a metal ball on the end of the hilt. I had the sword layed across my lap. 2 seconds later dropped the cloth I was using to clean it on the floor. Bent over to pick up the cloth and the sword slid off my lap and the metal ball of the hilt hit me on the top of the foot. Of course it hurt like heck and the first thing I thought and yelled was "oh **** my foot". Yes I actually yelled that. Thank god the blade didn't hit my foot just the ball. It swelled and bruised. I couldn't wear a shoe for a week and after that it still hurt when you tipped it. For about 2 months after that untill it got better I could wear a shoe but not a sock. Finally after 3 months my foot got better. Still nothing broke or anything. If you look close you can see the outline on my foot where the ball hit it.

Just recently I had another sword mishap. I've got a mini double blade that's only about 42 inches long. It can seperate into two 21 inch mini swords. Sometimes I use swords to cut weeds around the property for the lack of anything better to do or to blow off some steam. Anyway I was out with my cousin cutting weeds about a month ago. Brought the sword down to split a thin branch that wasn't more than 3/4 of an inch in diameter still didn't get a good hit and I had my hand in the wrong spot. I had gripped part of the tsuba not knowing it and the point of the tsuba/handguard stuck me in the hand. It bled for a good 3 min. Put a small dressing on it and the bleeding soon stopped. The sword wasn't as lucky. The hit jarred the tsuba enough to dislodge the little weld it had on it and now I can move the tsuba but can't take it loose which is good. If you guys want some more sword or saber modifying mishaps tell me and I'll post some more of them.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    Your nads are more important that your foot.
    How very true, but not what you meant to say.

TOO FRICKEN FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

i am still laughing about this as i make my post
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You guys are easily amused. :P
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen
    You guys are easily amused. :P
    it's a guy thing J-Lo
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, I know. In more ways than one.
    TCSS MODERATOR

Ok some are amused by typos more than others. me I like shiny things.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Here's another sword mishap. No injuries except an ego. Me and my cousin were messing around outside hacking weeds with swords. Yes people we were using real blades. Anyway I tried cutting part of the top off an old rotted tree stump in front of the house. Didn't quite go as planned. This is how I found out my buster sword wasn't built for these things. The blade got stuck in the tree. We tried to get it out by pulling. It didn't go quite as planned. Evidently I broke something in the hilt holding the blade and hilt together. We got the sword out and I tried to hit a more rotten part of the stump. This time it worked. I knocked a chunk of old rotted wood out of it and brought the sword down to split the chunk in two. In about 2 seconds the blade was on the ground and the hilt in my hand. The sword fell apart . Not what I was expecting to happen. Still not a loss. My cousins dad welded everything back together for me and I learned to make sure your buster sword can be used for things like that. Last I learned to stick to weeds when using that sword.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Maybe you should stop doing that?

Before you really hurt yourself. Badly.

Or someone else.
    TCSS MODERATOR