Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New 228Lm @ 1000 mAh 3.7vf star LED

perfect for mr mace conversions though

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    Yeah, if you're going for white that'd be nice, but I want COLORS!!!
    Ya, same for me. I'd like to have that gorgeous light output off my colored leds :>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, I've used the Seoul P4 (240 lumens @ 1A), but colors are seriously neglected...

I'm loving the Rebels I'm using. I put a top binned GREEN Rebel on a blank PCB and that bugger is kicking my K2's butt.

The innovations in the Rebel will help though... they're great for 3/4" applications as is and I hear eventually a newer K2 will come out with the Rebel die making it all much easier on us.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I hope this isn't too much of a Noob ? my White. K2 just recently died on my MHS stunt saber and I am using a 6V(AA setup) with a 1.5ohm/5W resistor, but I would really like to try one of these when they are availible but cannot figure it out on the CSS chart. Can anybody suggest the best way to get the maximum Lumens without overdriving it using my current setup?

Also not to take away from Tim's business, I just did some searching and I don't know if anybody has dealt with this supplier but they have them in stock: https://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/Prod...px?TranID=2663
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Power it as if it's a White III since the specs are so close. I'd just go for a buckpuck now as it's a good way to be sure you are maxing it.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Thanks X-Wing, I am ordering one ASAP, I will post a picture as soon as it is put all together.

Kaidomain and DX both used to be part of another company that fizzled, hence the similar product line. Both are reputable vendors, I order from each on a regular basis.

Still prefer to buy here, tho'

Dregan thanks for the advice, I was really just pressed for time since this is my stunt hilt that I need for La Jedi Practice, luckily the last class was in the day time so it didn't matter but I needed to get this LED asap.

Just an FYI, since you mentioned need it quick - they ship direct from China, so it can take anywhere form 3 days to up to like 2 weeks to get your stuff. It's not their fault at all, it just depends on how quick the China post system feels like running that day. I've visited China a few times on business travel and seen that kind of thing myself. If you need something FAST, LEDSupply or Stryder are your better bets, but you can't get the CREE's and Seouls here.

Well 2 are coming and I have another quick question I am thinking of upgrading my other L.Saber which has a Corbin Driver now running a Lux K2 which I was told by Corbin will not let the K2 at full brightness since his board only puts out 1000ma. But since this LED is rated at 1000ma I am thinking of using it with this driver, has anybody ever tried this?