Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Odd switch location, can it work?

A momentary will almost certainly be lower profile, but more prone to being turned off accidently. I assume you're going to have this hooked up to a driver then.

An interesting side note on my momentary driver..... If you use a latching switch with it, you have to double click a latching pushbutton to turn it on or off. Makes it hard to accidently do anything. But that setup isn't what we're discussing here, so I'll get back on topic.

For a momentary switch, I'd definitely recommend having some sort of way of recessing it, if you can. The trouble will be you can't cut into the saber much at all. So the bezel section will need to be raised a bit perhaps. Otherwise you'll likely be triggering the switch without meaning to.
    The other option is to use two momentary switches and have them hooked up in series, so that you have to press BOTH of them at the same time to trigger the saber on or off. My clear saber is set up this way. Makes for a low profile switch, yet not easilly bumped on or off.

Just a thought.

Corbin

sounds confusing... and difficult
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Quote Originally Posted by kinchar bamin
    sounds confusing... and difficult

Not really.

You just use a latching switch in place of the momentary. 2 wires to connect, just like the momentary. It's just that in order to turn the saber on or off, you have to hit the button twice. That's all.

Corbin

ah. I see, so since its that simple why didnt you explain it that way at first
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

I said:

"you have to double click a latching pushbutton to turn it on or off"

Double clicking means the same thing as pushing the button twice. I thought that would be clear. I'm sorry if my wording confused you. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though. If something I say ever isn't clear to you, be sure and ask for an explanation.

Corbin

okee dokee, thanks 4 explainin it (we brits need everything explained clearly to understand anything, well , not so sure 'bout barmic but I do :P )