Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MR comparison?

My anakin 2005 sounds nothing like the movie.. I notice the different clashes but the woosh is hard to hear or notice a difference over the normal hum of it... It is by far not as definitve as the Vader 2005.. The woosh on the anakin alnmost sounds like the pitch changed on the hum.. These are all brand new batteries I used too... I checked the batteries out first.. The whole K.I.S.S rule... I wish I had a sound clip of another anakin to compare too... Even the hum is not as loud as vaders...

My anakin 2005 sounds nothing like the movie.. I notice the different clashes but the woosh is hard to hear or notice a difference over the normal hum of it... It is by far not as definitve as the Vader 2005.. The woosh on the anakin alnmost sounds like the pitch changed on the hum.. These are all brand new batteries I used too... I checked the batteries out first.. The whole K.I.S.S rule... I wish I had a sound clip of another anakin to compare too... Even the hum is not as loud as vaders...

technically, the woosh is a pitch change in the hum, but i know what you mean. also, the 2002 anakin doesn't have any swing sounds, it has 3 or 4 clash sounds and power up and power down.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Yeah I personally like the Luke ROTJ. It's light weight and easy to move around. The Anakin ROTS is heavier but the chrome makes it slippery if you have sweaty hands along with the Vader ESB. I have yet to get in the Mail the Luke ESB 2004. I'm going back and trying to find the ones all the way up to 2002. But sound comparisons The Anakin is a bit loud for the most part I think. Same goes with the Luke ROTJ but at least it sounds different like if it's covered by a can or something. Vader ESB is not as loud, but only has one clash sound. I can live with that. I can't wait for the Obi Wan's ROTS to come out. But there is one I really hope that MR creates in the future Obi Wan's ANH that would be awesome I'm a old school fan. And I don't like the Idea of the first three episodes to come out now either though in a way if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be here talking about lightsabers either right everyone.

" I have failed you Anakin I have Failed you "

Ugghhhh I think the Anakin my brother has dies have sound issues.... EWveryone seems to say the Anakin 2005 is better than the vader 2005... My vader sounds a lot better, louder in the woosh sound and the sound between woosh and hum in distinguishable... Where as the sound on tha anakin is more garbled and hard to distinguish between the hum and woosh..... This is with new batteries.. .[V]

Um, Obi-wan's ANH saber is the same as the ROTS one. A few of the props had the same coloring as the ROTS saber (more gold-copper), and a few were more like the MR version of Obi-Wan's MR saber (more black).
    You could theoretically just paint the Obi-Wan saber black and add some weathering.

could we distill this to a comparison list like the one below that Gelu posted on another thread about hasbros?

"Old (1995) Luke - crappy sound, motion, flash on clash. The clash sensor is ridiculously large - NOT a good board for custom hilts
    Anakin AOTC - crappy sound, no motion, flash
    Anakin ROTS - great sound, no motion, no flash, color change(2 switcheable outputs, but the switch is board mounted and a hell to install, so the switcheable outputs "feature" is virtually useless. Still, a good board for customs
    Yoda training - crappy all the way - yoda talk switch, low volume, crappy sound, flash, no motion, break really fast
    Obi ROTS - great sound, no motion, flash on clash, but also the motor output - good to use with Corbin's C&L feature
    Obi AOTC - the old models and the new, repackaged 8 dollar ones - I found them to be the same. Crappy sound, no motion, but NO FLASH on clash.
    Old Vader ROTJ - The best board in my opinion - great sounds, motion sensor, no flash on clash. Almost impossible to find, except packaged with the helmet at $50
    Windu/Dooku/QGonn/generic - all use the same board - great sound, motion sensor, but they all have that stupid flashing on clash.
    Stay away from the "build-your-own". My son broke 2 in one week. He's yet to break any of the other ones, so it's not him. They just up and quit."
    if you could mention the total number of sounds each model makes and the quality, that would be awesome.
    This would be very helpful for people like me who have 1 MR and nothing to compare it to. thanks.

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

There were 7 different MR Fx sabers ot there(8 if you want to include Luke ROTJ twice as 1 was EL) All of them are cool but there are trade off as Wolverine stated. One of my favorites is the Anakin ep II. I like the chrome MPP emiter and will be posting pics of my LED conv. It splits from the center is the bad news. I like the Vader ANH and just did a RGB conversion on that one utilizing the 6 batteries really allows you to put powrer where you want. the sounds are cool on the ANH model but switch location sucks. it's near the emitter. All models are convertble as always if you got the right tools. electronics is no sweat it's the size, switch location,etc that are the challenge. You need an effective blade holder and LED or EL set up that fits while retaining those Movie Looks. You can always put the 3 battery stuff in the 6 batt. units and remove the factory batt pack separate it ftom the speaker to really get some freedom. I have successfully done this for a Mod hilt. Don't be scared to cut wires and put things where ya want them(within reason of course). The Luke ESB is probably the bulkiest and my least fav. if ya want one of those build a GRAFLEX REPLICA or find the real thing. All my Luke ESB models have one problem or another but mostly switch failure. I'd stay away from that FX for customizing. I f ya want one though i got a few i'd part with.

Awesome I didn't you could do that. So once when they do come out is there a way where I can just paint it out or something or should I just leave the hilt outside for a year lol I'm just kidding on that part. When the Obi Wan come's out I'll be asking about that one again.

I'd say my brothers Anakin episode 3 2005 sounds more like the Windu episode 3 2005 when it comes to the hum and woosh.. Yes it's that bad it's so hard to distinguish the hum and woosh noise... Where as the vaders sound more distinctive.... I wish there was some sound clip I could listen too.... I'm thinking about having him send the Anakin back for a new one...