Thread: Cosmetic modifications to a converted FX Maul

Default Cosmetic modifications to a converted FX Maul

So I've got a converted FX Darth Maul double bladed lightsaber (EL to LED) from Ultrasabers. What I need is assistance on making cosmetic modifications to it. I don't want it to look like a maul saber but a unique creation.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on this I'd be most appreciative. Thank You.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It wasn't EL... it's LED to Luxeons.

O-rings would be easy those come in various shapes and colors. You could also go for coloring in the grooves. I've seen that and it does give a subtle but definate change.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

here is how mine looks with o-rings on the hilt and emitter. I also thought about takeing the red and silver knobs off the bottom of each saber.
    this is my blue one

this ones red

BLUE 3- Ready

How do you remove the buttons? I like the O-ring idea. I was thinking of using some leather wrapping at the base and maybe some creatively cut black PVC over the top of the hilts. Can the emitters be switched out with some that are available on TCSS?

if you got a maul with the glue that has weakend. or else your gonna end up destroying the emitter taking them off.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

well out of the 5 that I have owned, I have had only 1 that would unscrew and they don't match up with the MHS stuff. I even tried 2 rubber strap wrenches and got nothing. The red and silver just screw off, be carefull taking them off, they will scuff a bit. the leather idea sounds good.

BLUE 3- Ready