Thread: new to this...

Default new to this...

Hi everyone,
    I've been checking out this site for a while now because I'm leading a group of me and my friends through making a SW fanfilm. After going through both randomsabers' and ultrasabers' websites and finding them either to much of a hassle or too slow to produce sabers I stumbled across this site. And like I said I've seen a lot of it and even test built a saber in the MHS builder. What I need an honest answer about is:

How well do these sabers hold up during choreographed fighting?

If I build a saber in MHS builder with a complete electronics package can I still take it apart if need be and make changes?

Thanks.
    The Sith must remain as thus, hidden, unseen and unheard of... we must remain like a shadow in the dark.

yes you can take them apart to make changes or whatever. They are the most durable you can get.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Not only can you take them apart, but you also must assemble them yourself in the first place. Tim doesn't sell completed sabers, just parts!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Hi
    I may be a bit bias, but I've found the MHS to be extremely durable.

Actually, we're talking about offering completed sabers here shortly. More to be announced later.

Corbin

The saber(s) should hold up to anything your fight scene(s) can throw at them. As far as the MHS you can take the saber(s) apart and modify if you need to. I strongly recommend the electronics package and completed blade if you order an MHS hilt. After you get everything if you order an MHS hilt is put it all together.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Not only can you take them apart, but you also must assemble them yourself in the first place. Tim doesn't sell completed sabers, just parts!

Really? Even if you go into the MHS builder and select all of your additions like the electronics package and the drill hole etc? I don't think I can put together one with all that LED stuffing. That's a bit discouraging.
    The Sith must remain as thus, hidden, unseen and unheard of... we must remain like a shadow in the dark.

well when you go into the mhs builder and order, tim usually puts the mhs pieces together but you have to solder the led and wires and resistor or soundboard.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

It's simple really. If it were any simpler tim would have to sell complete MHS sabers. A good place to start is the new to the scene forum where tim explains how to build a basic hilt. He tells how to assemble an EL or LED. Whichever you want. The parts you will need are listed and he tells what needs to go where. As far as personalizing the hilt with cosmetic parts such as grips or belt clips that's up to you.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Thanks guys, you have an awesome community going on here all this feedback should do me good when I try to convince my friends that putting together these sabers isn't too hard.