Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: PhotonAlterations blade

Actualy Lisa takes the Orders and Her brother Anthony does the
    Putting things together.

I too was curious about this so...
    I had them make me one of the Graflex "pro-to-types" ...

Anyone else got one of these on here? Or any of their other Conversions?
    Just curious to hear your thoughts?

Suitman what did the guy selling His say? He needed the money?

By the way the Blade is White and basically looks like an MR would if it
    had white LEDs instead of Blue.

Anyway... Interesting to see what some "opinions" are on these

Seeing as useless as eBay feed back is just a load of BS I find most everyone
    leaves good feedback even if they really don't feel that way.

Curious....

they do look cool, but as tim has said before, its a matter of whether they will really hold up to dueling.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

ooooookkk, im goin to hide now, [:0][:0]

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Amen!!

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

PhotonAlterations I couldn't agree more
    [] It would be nice to see an actual lightsaber type device be created.
    The Cold plazma theory would be along the lines that I'd be hoping for, where
    it won't actually cut through something but it would have enough density to collide with eachother and not penetrate the beam.

Difficult to do and make it safe for people aside from the possiblity of over exposure
    to the type of radiation bi product of what is being used to creat it.

I do think eventually it would be touchable but you'd still beable to get a mild burn
    if you held your hand on it.

I originally thought we could still use a metal pole that would be energized under the same
    properties, but the pole would give initial shape as opposed to trying to contain itself.

I do hope that we will see this come about... someday.

yeah, the guy said that he just needed the money more than the saber, but he loved the way it looked

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The mylar inside the diffuser isn't new persay... Corbin mentioned playing with his film inside Tim's diffuser on ASAP or somewhere (it's hard to remember when I read so many places []). I have yet to see the reflective base but it reminds me of whatever advance-light does. He has something that transfers the light until it gets out of the emmiter, I believe you can see it on their auctions how it flares a few inches from the LED.

Hurry and get some pics.[] I have mylar just sitting around.[]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

He didn't use mylar. He used his film which serves the same effect really. The idea advance-light used is slightly different too. It doesn't flare until after the opening in the hilt (as opposed to it flaring from the LED). The kicker is that you can still see the light in the few inches it's in the hilt, but it doesn't flare until the opening. I'm not sure what he's using but I'd bet money that it's sideglow fiber.

Since you post here I can ask this: Why can't you apply the same concept (in reverse) that you use with your laser sabers? Is see the whole problem of uneven light as because the beam is angled to some degree. If you could make a solid beam, like a spotlight, the blade length would be limited only by the power of your LED.

I say it's the reverse of what happens with your laser because that's how it makes sense to me. On the laser you diverge it from a small beam then unspread that angle to get a straight 1" beam. For LED it'd be the reverse. You converge the LED's light then spread it to 1".

Here's a quick paint job of what I mean:

I hope you get that...[xx(]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

actually, i have 2 different blades with corbins film in there. one has his 3 inch wide film rolled and inserted in. that the pics of the heiland vader saber wit that blade on pg 6 in pics. now i got ahold of his dbl wrap film and its 7 inches wide. i rolled it up and its in the new 48 inch blade im using on the great saber design.

i still see the lil red light core up the blade like the single wrap film, and it seems to diffuse the lightmore evenly thru blade.

[quote]Originally posted by LAN-ED-TUL

http://cgi.ebay.com/OBI-WAN-Episode-...QQcmdZViewItem

yeah i think it was a rip off price.i mean its not that hard to convert a luke.its not worth $500.you know he didnt spend even half of that just to build it. no offense to the builder and converter you did a great job.

"aaah general kenobi you are a bold one."-general grievous