Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PhotonAlterations blade

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I man, I cracked up reading that.[] I'm on a college campus too so sometimes it takes a few extra days for the Campus mail system to get it to me or notify me that I have an oversize package waiting at the office. You'd be in there for quite a while![]

Hmmm... I never knew the word plain could elicit such a response.[:0][]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Scaarmor - that's exactly what my color-blindedness is like. I sometimes even have problems with pink/grey, and red/brown. There is a certain shade of (grey) overcast clouds, that look pink to me.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/

Blog Entries

This is a copy and paste quote from this action:

"By now you probably know all about the luxeon blades these days as we introduced this concept a few years ago."
    -photonalterations

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3299%26fvi%3D1

When will Corbin or Tim lay the smackdown? [}]

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

http://www.geocities.com/projectstm/lightsaber.html

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

I think it's nothing. If anything it's what Hyperdyne is already doing.

<center>
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Will someone please tell me what Hyperdyne is doing?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Cyambin

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

I think it's nothing. If anything it's what Hyperdyne is already doing.

Will someone please tell me what Hyperdyne is doing?

He's using luxeons inside the blade very similar to what MR does but with the higher power luxeons. Google his business (Hyperdyne Labs, I don't want to put a link). Check out his forums for the latest news.

From the description of the orginal auction he makes it out as that is what he did too, but as you can tell we think it's a bit fishy.

<center>

As far as the first thing on eBay you guys were discussing---didn't he already sell one of those? I seem to remember our good friend Corbin bidding on it. Maybe it was somebody else altogether. [?][?][?]

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

He sold a few normal LED sabers from viewing his record (one that came up here too), but none that were these "photon alteration" blades.

<center>

Has anyone seen the sabers that are in
    http://www.advanced-light.com/index.asp?id=2
    that site ?
    Because the claims this site makes about some sort of crystal core technology and its comparison to led light system is very iffy .
    But i did find the hilt's that this person constructs to be very ornate , yet a bit odd none the less . Any ways I still wonder about the crystal core technology and it's ties to saberology technology .
    Other than that I'm just not sure about its worth .

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dralderlbot

Has anyone seen the sabers that are in
    http://www.advanced-light.com/index.asp?id=2
    that site ?
    Because the claims this site makes about some sort of crystal core technology and its comparison to led light system is very iffy .
    But i did find the hilt's that this person constructs to be very ornate , yet a bit odd none the less . Any ways I still wonder about the crystal core technology and it's ties to saberology technology .
    Other than that I'm just not sure about its worth .

Advance-light and saberology are working together now. They haven't merged sites yet but they are together. From what I've heard and seen from them I think they use sideglow in the hilt to tranfer the light until the opening in the emitter. They make some nice hilts but you'll be paying out the wazoo.

<center>

I dont have the money to put down for one of those. But what of this crystal core technology ? Could we or possibly I try to duplicate a similiar result using LED's ? I'm still very confused because I'm not done reading through these post's and I have yet to build my first Lightsaber that doesnt consist of a child's toy one taken apart and screwed with to make it easier to wield , because you see , I have always had small hands . My next two Lightsaber's I hope to create are to be for my two brother's . More or less me showing them the options and letting them decide on their own how it will look in the end .
    But still my question remains . Does this crystal core technology really work better than LED's