Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PhotonAlterations blade

Default PhotonAlterations blade

has anyone else seen this saber: http://cgi.ebay.com/Graflex-lightsab...QQcmdZViewItem.
    does anyone know anything about it? it is much brighter than a luxeon
    and looks to be very evenly lit.i wasn't sure where to put this, so i put it here because it seems to be new technology, or at least a new idea.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

sure you could dual with it...and have all the leds go out just like a MR blade. I wouldn't buy it.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Well..I would like to see how durable it really is since it has multiple LED's in the blade.

The picture of it next to the luxeon..notice how the luxeon has no blume at all? and no glow coming off of it? wierd

Has anyone seen them post on the forums? I googled photon alterations and came up with nothing.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

i wasn't even considering buying it, i am almost broke because of a force fx mod i am working on. and i thought that it might have problems with breaking the lights when dueling. i just wondered how it was made and stuff, thought it might be a good way to go because it looks quite bright.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think it's nothing. If anything it's what Hyperdyne is already doing. A string of 1Ws wouldn't be that durable. Hah, I realize looking at the other auctions of the seller. This is the same one that claimed to pioneer luxeons... If it's so great he wouldn't be peddling it on ebay. He'd be getting capital to start a business.

Besides those pictures are fishy. The no blume on the comparison is odd and the first one smacks of being rotoscoped. It seems the flare doesn't start exactly at the base and the coloring of the carpet has me convinced it's been photoshopped.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Now the page doesn't come up at all, at least your link to it Suit_man....Maybe someone shut him down (ebay)

Link by item number, it works better:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6597178524

Those pics are *odd* to say the least. In one pic the saber has a flare at the base and in the other it doesn't. That Luxeon has no flare at all. I'm not going to accuse anyone of anything, but the pics are unusual and the seller doesn't explain much about the blade.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

so you think its the same guy i showed a link to before and asked opinions about it?

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

maybe we could wait till the auction ends and then someone can e-mail the person who won and ask about it. they would be likely to tell the truth about it and not build it up to be something more than what it is.

This guy keeps changing his user ID, hmmmm.......