Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fixing a broken MR saber

Default Fixing a broken MR saber

Is there ways of fixing burned out leds in MR saber with out converting them to lexons[?]

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

You could possibly replace one but I have never heard of anyone doing it.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

YES they can be changed by desoldering the connections and resoldering new LED. i am eventually replace one of mine with the larger leds.

You could always check ebay also. I've seen MR blades on there recently.

ou can resolder them, but it might be easier jsut to get another blade and not duel with it, keep the broken one to wack ppl with

So do the leds actually get burned out like a light bulb? I thought it took thousands of hours to do that. Or do the connections just get broken? If the connections get broken do you just have to solder the connections to fix the blade?

There are those who call me Piemaster

You can resolder to fix the connections

I was going to ask about buying the dingy floor model at best buy and fixing it up, but it was gone today! Maybe it will be back...

Can anyone bum a deathstick?

i removed all 64 resistors from an mr blade and soldered i wire between the two solder points. does anyone know what could happen from doing that? so far it has been working fine and is a lot brighter. i figured it just shortened the life of the led but i don't care because it is getting converted as soon as tim's kit is ready for the luke rotj.
    "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber, your skills are complete."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

it will just shorten the life, since you are giving too much power to the leds
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!