Thread: Vader power

Default Vader power

Hi all,

I recently took apart my Vader following the tutorial Man that pin's a bugger!

Anyway, i originally bought it without the battery pack, and now i'm going to use the board in another saber.

My question is this... On the board there are 3 wires leading down to the battery pack connector: 1 x red, 1 x black and 1 x brown, what are they?

Red = Positive?
    Black = Negative?
    Brown = ?

Help!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Default Re: Vader power

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    Hi all,

I recently took apart my Vader following the tutorial Man that pin's a bugger!

Anyway, i originally bought it without the battery pack, and now i'm going to use the board in another saber.

My question is this... On the board there are 3 wires leading down to the battery pack connector: 1 x red, 1 x black and 1 x brown, what are they?

Red = Positive?
    Black = Negative?
    Brown = ?

Help!
    brown is the neg speaker wire, when you wire in your speaker the pos goes to the positive on batt and black goes to brown.

BLUE 3- Ready

Black goes to Brown... Eh?
    Sorry i'm confused by that comment

Council Member
    Sith Lord

red is the battery positive

black is the battery negative

brown is the speaker negative

Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I was cruisin through the forums looking for this EXACT Thing, when I get mine wired up, Ill post a picture of what I have. I got a vader off of ebay and didn't get a battery pack. So I'm wiring the works to a rechargeable setup, and putting a Lux in later.

I also want to add that this diagram is the same for the Anakin ROTS saber, I've taken both apart, and the boards even seem to be the same. I'll add pics later when I get my kit from ultra.