Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I need ideas

So can you slide that in tims blade?And if so do you leave the diffuser in or do you replace it with the cable?
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

What about braiding EL wires and leather thongs? That could overcome the strength issues and the attachment issues?

Not to hijack the thread, but I took that out of the blade and replaced it with a roll of Ultra's film because the cable was just too darn heavy. I also didn't use a diffuser, because the cable has a diffuser built into it. I wouldn't recommend using it in one of the store's blades, as it's only 14mm in diameter and would flop aound inside the 1" tube pretty badly. It was a nice snug fit in the 3/4" blades I use, though.

A smaller diameter, like 10mm should be fine for a short lightwhip, though. There is also a fiber optic connector/focusing lens assembly available from luxeons site that might work with a lightwhip as well.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by scott5050
    What about braiding EL wires and leather thongs? That could overcome the strength issues and the attachment issues?
    That actually sounds like it would work. I might try that too.

And Jay-gon Jinn. Thank you for the info on the cable. I have lots of experimenting to do now.

Have fun with it, and good luck!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.