Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Dealing with stuck or difficult MHS threads

if you are carefull enough, you can slowly screw them back togethor, and when it gets caught on a messed up part back up and bit and then go forward. do it just like tapping a brand new hole. just be very carefull.
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

I got the MHS choke style 1 short and MHS to 1.5" sink tube adapter stuck good. I tried WD-40 and freezing it. Didn't even budge. Thats OK though, since it's the adapter I just pushed the choke in to the edge of the sinktube. Did scar it a little, but thats OK too. I will scar other Parts and weather it. "When life gives you Bantha pee, Make Jawa Juice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    "When life gives you Bantha pee, Make Jawa Juice!"
    umm.......

What?

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Have you heard the saying "If life gives you lemons, Make lemon-ade" That was just a play on Star Wars terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamurah View Post
    Just thought I would chime in here....

Had a similar problem: Emitter to Hilt....very crunchy / sticky. Would not even consistently screw down all the way....and would lock up.

Bought a tube of Permatex Anti-Seize from Ace Hardware. Applied a VERY small amount to threads via toothbrush.

Wiped away any excess.

No more problems. Works like it should.

A simple fix to a most vexing problem!
    This! I always try that. Use a sacrificial toothbrush though... a greasy toothbrush wouldn't be good for them teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    Have you heard the saying "If life gives you lemons, Make lemon-ade" That was just a play on Star Wars terminology.

i know.

that was weird though.

tutorial on ohms law!!!

probably one of the best ways to clean up threads both Male and Female that I know of is; if you already have a dremel, using the nylon bristle brush (403) at about 7-12k rpm

This thread had just saved my life!
    I had a couple of Ribbed extensions stuck on my new saber and needed to seperate them to get the electronics in. No amount of WD40 helped, and i was about to try the freezer technique, untill i read this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    I had two MHS pieces seized that were powdercoated and I gave up till one day they just came apart while twisting other sections. Probably got loosened by dueling.
    At which point i remembered an old hammer with a soft plastic head sat at the bottom of my tool box.... tap-tap, tap-tap, and 'Robert's your Mothers brother!'
    Happy Man!
    "I sense great fear in you Skywalker! You have hate, you have anger; but you don't use them."

Has anyone tried a dry graphite lubricant in their hilts? I can see some advantages over the petroleum-based lubes, mainly for anti-seize purposes.

Does anyone know what tread chaser to get to repair the treads mine are messed up and I'd like to clean them up