Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with stuck or difficult MHS threads

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    You can buy WD-40 by the bottle. Check auto supply stores. Any light weight penetrating oil will do the same thing though. Just let it soak a while.
    I live in Japan and haven't found WD-40, so I'm using an equivalent brand. I'll see if I can find it in a bottle. Thanks.

Default ...

Yeah, my BH won't screw onto my choke now, after I got everything re-wired up, (when I had to order a new lens holder), we had to take some stuff off the board to re-do it all, now the BH won't screw on for some reason. I think the LED might be out of place though from the center. Plus I think the threads did get messed up. I'll have to see about fixing them. First get the LED back into the center of the heatsink then fix the threads.

Old thread...

The nylon screws should hold it centered on the heatsink but the lens and holder sometime have some wiggle room. When this is an issue I connect the lens and holder, insert it in the blade holder facing blade end down, lower the heatsink and LED into the bottom of the lens holder so it aligns properly and then screw the saber down to the blade holder.

Since we're necroposting I should also add I had two MHS pieces seized that were powdercoated and I gave up till one day they just came apart while twisting other sections. Probably got loosened by dueling.

Awsome thread. Every one should read this.

I used oil and the freezer trick. Worked like a charm.

WD-40 and freezer does work
    also for loose threads i use teflon tape..

I tried everything and the only thing that worked was dueling. Oh yeah I already mentioned that..oops

I just buy new parts. By the time I realize its stuck I destroy it beyond repair.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Thanks for this little help session Corbin Das! It really makes a difference for a neophyte first-time saber builder like me to have so many people like you guys here on TCSS to help me through this exciting, nerve racking, and awesome experience! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight_Zekk View Post
    Thanks for this little help session Corbin Das! It really makes a difference for a neophyte first-time saber builder like me to have so many people like you guys here on TCSS to help me through this exciting, nerve racking, and awesome experience! Thanks!
    That's why the forum exists.

Stuck threads are extremely fickle. I spent a week trying every single tip in this thread and then some, with no luck. I finally gave up and put the pieces aside for more than a year. Recently, I was rushing to make a saber from materials on hand, remembered the stuck pieces, and thought, "Well, it can't hurt to try." I got out two strap wrenches, and went at it with low expectations. The pieces came apart with no more resistance than you'd get from a stubborn jar lid. Go figure.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Default stuck pieces finally unstuck

I got my choke stuck, not sure how, but i did finally get it unstuck, i had to use 3in1 oil and the freezer method, but now i think my threads are messed up on my hilt, is there a possibility to have them retapped?