Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with stuck or difficult MHS threads

lube it not with lube of metal grease. joke not intended

And if all else fails, a Dremel tool will suffice! (Just Kidding)

Thankyou, I was having this problem, and, even though it wasn't with MHS parts, it helped!

Default Still Stuck

I have an mps pommel style 3 v2 and hilt style 4 that will not come apart no matter what i do. I've assembled and disassembled them several times with no problems, but now they are stuck. I've tried penetrating oil, freezer overnight, I bought strap wrenches and tried everything again but nothing works. My electronics are inside so I can't soak it completely. I guess i could sacrifice just my speaker though. Any suggestions?

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

I've had parts stuck together that no amount of oil or freezing could manage to loosen. What I've found most helpful is wrapping the pieces in a short length of self fusing silicone tape. The extra grip that it provides is usually enough to help me unscrew stuck parts. I also think it could make for an interesting grip material, but it's not really my taste.

I had to send my MHS parts out before to get 'un-screwed'

from now on.. I thoroughly check my threads for junk/shavings..etc..etc this is usually what happens.. (for my stuff)

the threads are 'burrred' extremely and very 'crooked'... so be watchful.

Here you can get strap wrenches, will do the job pretty well for unscrewing things:

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpis...ench&Submit=Go
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

What kind of oil are people using to soak the parts in? I've got a choke style 2 stuck in a powder-coated hilt style 3, and WD-40 and two strap wrenches haven't helped, so I'd like to try the soak method...but obviously people aren't soaking things in a cup full of WD-40, are they...!?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

People have done just that. WD-40 in a cup works nearly all the time, or so I've heard.

Another thing would be to try and put the parts in a freezer. The metal will shrink and the threads will move away from each other.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    People have done just that. WD-40 in a cup works nearly all the time, or so I've heard.

Another thing would be to try and put the parts in a freezer. The metal will shrink and the threads will move away from each other.
    Wow. Call me stingy, but I'm not quite at the point where I want to empty most of a spray can of WD-40 into a cup. But I have applied a generous amount, and have just popped it in the freezer. Thanks, Lord Maul.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

You can buy WD-40 by the bottle. Check auto supply stores. Any light weight penetrating oil will do the same thing though. Just let it soak a while.