Hi all

It has come to my attention that a few people have had issues with MHS threads either not screwing together well or not being able to unscrew them once together. I would like to take this opportunity to give some suggestions to keep this from happening and what to do if it DOES happen.
First off, before screwing the parts together, look at them and make sure they don't have any dirt, grime or particles on them. If they do, use an old toothbrush and clean them off. If you nicked the threads, that can often create a "sticky" spot that will hinder assembly. If you encounter this, CAREFULLY attempt to smooth out the nick with a small file. Utmost care should be taken if you are going to attempt this.
Once the threads are clean and nick free, I recommend applying a LIGHT coat of oil to the threads. WD-40 works OK too, just don't over-do it. I often spray the WD-40 onto a separate toothbrush and then use that to swirl around the threads before assembly. Don't use a Q-tip because if there are any rough spots at all, they tend to grab the cotton and pick up "lint", though this is a good way to check for nicks. Again, go lightly with the oil. Otherwise, you'll have a mess to clean up.

As for the pieces that are already stuck together, DO NOT FORCE THEM.

Don't use pliers and mar up the pieces. No vices. No hammers. try this first: Put a little cutting oil or WD-40 in the gap between the pieces. Let is set for a while. For really stubborn pieces, saturate the threads and let it sit overnight. Any attempt to force the pieces will likely cause more damage to the threads and make it even harder to unscrew.

Another method is to place the pieces in the freezer overnight. The cold causes the parts to shrink a little and might allow for a bit more "wiggle room". This is especially true if you hold the "female" section in your hand up near the threads, since the heat from your hand will allow that area to warm up a little and expand while keeping the inner male section cold and therefore smaller.

Once difficult threads are apart, follow the above directions to clean them up and look for nicks. Using the Q-tip, like I mentioned earlier is a good way to find nicks that you can't see as easilly.

If all this fails, please contact us.

Corbin